𝐢. 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐝

𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧

Harry sighed, approaching the Black's vast dinner table. His eyes drifted over to the brunette, his best friend, as he quickly took a seat beside her. However, Harry couldn't seem to understand why he was so anxious to sit beside Hermione, especially when he was perfectly happy in his relationship with Ginny.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed, breaking him from his thoughts as he turned to look at her. He noticed the small freckles that she had developed over the summer, making him smile.

"Mione..." Harry muttered, mimicking her happy tone, as he watched her face break out into an immense grin.

Harry's focus, however, fell upon Ginny, as she stared intensely at the both of them. Quickly, he avoided eye contact, shoving a piece of Mrs. Weasley's cornbread into his mouth. For some odd reason, Harry's thoughts kept turning to the brunette sitting beside him, despite the fact that his girlfriend was eyeing him suspiciously from across the table.

Maybe it was the fact that Hermione had matured over the summer. Her once bushy hair had grown out, now settling in delicate, loose curls. She had grown much taller, but so had Harry. He sighed, wondering why he had never noticed Hermione in this way.

The chatter at the table increased, as Fred and George began to rant about their newest pranks and ideas.

"You two will do no such thing!" Molly hollered, silencing the twins. "If I hear that you two were involved in some silly pranks, I'll bring you straight home! I don't care if it's your last year!"

"Alright, mum, we were just joking-" Fred mumbled, gulping.

"We weren't actually planning on pranking anyone!" George sarcastically chuckled, a fake expression of hurt resting on his face. Sirius laughed at this, entering the room, and taking a seat beside Mr. Weasley.

Pretty soon, the Weasley's had left; each heading up to their own rooms one by one, leaving only the two brunettes and Sirius behind.

"How was your summer?" Hermione murmured; her voice was quiet against the boisterous noises coming from upstairs. Sirius winked at his godson, leaving the teens in silence.

"Awful!" Harry replied, frowning slightly as he remembered the Dementor attack.

"How was your hearing?" The curly-headed girl questioned, grabbing her plate from the table, and setting it in the kitchen sink.

"Surprisingly good! I would've been expelled if it wasn't for Dumbledore, the ministry was almost positive that I was lying."

"Oh-" Hermione gulped, however, Harry didn't have a chance to reply before she wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her.

Harry melted into the hug, resting his face in her golden-brown locks, as he inhaled her vanilla scent. Ginny. His mind raced upon remembering his girlfriend, who was just upstairs. But did he really want to be with her?

Hermione pulled away first, returning to the table to grab more plates and utensils, that the Weasley's had left behind for Kreacher to clean. However, as she reached out to grab a cup, her arm brushed against Harry's, instantly stopping her movement. Hermione's eyes traced up to Harry's face, coming to a rest at his bright green eyes.

As Harry looked at her, he couldn't help but notice the faint pink blush that was highlighting her cheeks. He gulped, hoping that things wouldn't suddenly become awkward. But why would they be? It wasn't as if he liked Hermione.