𝐢𝐯. 𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐢𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

That night Harry lay wide awake, his eyes trained to the ceiling. He gulped, turning over in hopes of getting comfortable. The boy's thoughts drifted over to his best friend, mentally replaying the scene that had previously happened. A smile spread across Harry's features, as he buried his face in his pillow. Why couldn't he get her out of his head?!

Harry soon came to the conclusion that he wouldn't be getting much sleep that night. Quickly, he sat up, reaching for the Marauders map on his nightstand. His eyes traced over Hermione's name, smiling to himself. A loud breathing noise drew Harry's attention from the map and towards his best friend who seemed to be having a vivid dream. Chuckling, the raven-haired boy turned his focus towards the map, instantly finding Hermione's name once more.

He groaned, falling back onto his bed, his gaze wandering to the ceiling again. Why didn't he just tell her? He couldn't; she simply meant too much to him.

★ ★ ★

Hermione sat in the Great Hall, a book perched in her hand, as her eyes swiftly scanned the words, blocking out the pretentious chatter. She twirled her fork around in her fingers, stabbing at her half-eaten piece of sausage.

"Good morning!" Harry grinned, taking a seat beside the brunette, who seemed surprised at his sudden appearance.

"Good morning!" Hermione replied, mimicking his happy tone. "—someone's in a good mood."

"Always..." He murmured, grabbing a piece of toast and a packet of strawberry jam.

Hermione sighed, closing her book after placing her bookmark in; she hated folding down the pages. She could feel Harry's gaze on her, causing her great confusion. Ron yawned, taking a seat across the duo, rubbing his eyes. He didn't say a word, but instead, instantly began to eat, filling his plate with waffles.

"Good morning to you as well-" Hermione scoffed, rolling her eyes as she picked up her book again. Harry snickered, earning a small giggle from the curly-headed girl.

★ ★ ★

Harry sprinted down the corridors, entering the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. He came to a rapid stop as the entire class turned to face him.

"Sorry Professor-" He started, taking a seat beside Hermione, who seemed to be rather shocked by Harry's entrance.

"Five points from Gryffindor for the late and distracting entry." Umbridge grumbled, earning a groan from the many Gryffindors in the room. "Now, as I was saying before Mr. Potter interrupted with his antics, your Defense Against the Dark Arts education has been rather fragmented and disjointed in your past classes, hasn't it? Know now that this is about to be rectified."

She stopped speaking for a brief moment to smile at the students, who only glared at her in return, a disgusted expression pulling at their features. "I will be following a pre-approved, Ministry-prepared, theory-centered Defense plan."

She waved her wand at the blackboard, causing words to quickly appear. "Copy this down." Umbridge demanded, causing Harry to frown, hesitantly following her directions.