𝐱𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐫

𝐢'𝐦 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐞𝐞?

Hermione quickly led Harry inside the Three Broomsticks, a large smile pulling on the corners of her lips. They suddenly stopped in front of a table, meeting Rita Skeeter and Luna Lovegood.

"What's this all about?" Harry mumbled, cocking his head to the side in befuddlement. The couple quickly sat down on the opposite side of the table, frowning at Rita.

"That's what Little Miss Perfect was about to tell us..." Rita snapped, making Harry's blood boil.

He opened his mouth to retort but was stopped by Hermione's hand wrapping around his.

"Don't give her the satisfaction..." She whispered, sending Harry a reassuring smile.

"Right-" Hermione continued; her tone of voice sharpening as she turned to face the rest of the table. "—well, I figured that with all of the negative press out about Harry, he should have a chance to defend himself."

The brunette's grip on his hand tightened as she paused for a brief second, thinking of the correct words to say.

"All of the details. What happened last summer, the truth about Sirius Black and Voldemort, not to mention the names of all the Death Eaters still on the loose."

Rita leaned across the table, smirking at the curly-headed girl. "The Prophet will never publish that. It goes against the public mood."

"Well, it doesn't matter-" Hermione retorted, her smile turning into a sly smirk. "—we've found a publisher for the article."

"Who?" Rita deadpanned, her expression faltering as she stared at the brunette in complete disbelief.

Luna- who was previously staring off in deep thought- blinked, swiftly turning her attention away from the window. "My father, he's the editor of the Quibbler."

Rita Skeeter remained silent for an abrupt second before bursting out in a mocking fit of laugher.

"The Quibbler-?" Rita scoffed, turning towards Hermione, who looked extremely upset. "—you think people will take Harry Potter seriously if he's published in the Quibbler? It's nothing but a conspiracy theory, cock-and-bull story tabloid!"

The brunette sighed, calming herself as she opened her mouth to reply. "Some won't believe Harry, that's true. But every person we do convince is one more ally."

Rita shrugged, pulling a quill from her bag.

"So, Harry-" Hermione smiled, caressing his fingers underneath the table. "—ready to tell the public the truth."

Harry grinned, intertwining their hands together. "Yeah, I guess so."

The curly-headed girl smirked, leaning back in her seat, as she softly sipped her tea. "Fire away, Rita."

★ ★ ★

The piles of the remaining winter snow had finally melted, leaving healthy grass in its place. The sky cleared, and the sun shone brightly; it was spring.