𝐯𝐢. 𝐝𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐝𝐨𝐫𝐞'𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐲

𝐢 𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢 𝐬𝐞𝐞

"I don't know how we're ever going to pass our O.W.L.s in Defense Against the Dark Arts without any practice! That Umbridge woman is so-" Hermione began, snapping her book shut as she captured the boys' attention. "—we've got to do something about her."

Ron and Harry stared at her from the couch, greatly confused by their best friend's sudden outburst.

The redhead burst out into obnoxious laughter. "Yeah, well, poison should do the trick..."

"Don't be silly, Ronald! Not her, I meant her teaching. We're not going to learn anything in that class!" Hermione exclaimed, causing Harry to chuckle.

"True..." The raven-haired boy mumbled, causing a smile to break out on her face.

"Anyway-" The curly-headed girl continued, a large grin spreading across her features. "—I thought we should do it ourselves."

"Do what?" Ron questioned, furrowing his eyebrows in befuddlement.

"Defense Against the Dark Arts. We'd teach ourselves..." Hermione continued, her gaze moving towards Harry in hopes of his approval.

"I dunno-" Harry sighed, watching Hermione's face drop.

"Come on, Harry!" She pleaded, leaning back in the soft armchair. "Just think about it!"

★ ★ ★

The next morning, the trio sat in the Great Hall, quietly eating. Harry gazed at Hermione watching as she quickly read the Daily Prophet, flipping through the pages.

"I cannot believe it!" She loudly hollered, ignoring the odd stares she received.

Ron and Harry glanced up at her, their faces wrinkling in confusion. The brunette slapped the paper down, watching as Ron immediately picked it up.

"Ministry passes educational decree number twenty-three: Dolores Umbridge appointed Hogwarts High Inquisitor.' What's that mean?" Ron mumbled, setting down the Daily Prophet.

"It says here that the High Inquisitor has the power to inspect all the teachers!" She frowned upon reading it, loudly sighing.

"You're kidding!" Harry scoffed, leaning over her to get a better view of the paper.

"That's not all-" Hermione whispered; her finger lightly traced over the faded print. "—the High Inquisitor also has the power to sack teachers as well."

"Have you seen the news?!" Fred Weasley cheerfully exclaimed, squeezing in beside Ron at the Gryffindor table.

"Personally I envy you three..." George continued, sitting down on the other side of his younger brother.

"Why's that?" Ron shrugged, his gaze constantly flickering between the twins.

"Umbridge is inspecting McGonagall in your period!" George grinned, a mischievous look glazed over his bright blue eyes. "That old toad won't know what hit her!"