𝐱𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥

𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲, 𝐦𝐚, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐮𝐧

"Much further, is it?" Umbridge sneered, following the couple throughout the forest. Harry mentally chuckled, hearing their professor's light curses as she tripped over a myriad of tree roots.

"Oh yes—" Hermione murmured, "—it's very well hidden." She but back her laughter, grabbing Harry's hand and gently tugging him along beside her.

The three of them continued wandering through the forest in complete silence until a thin arrow cane soaring through the air.

"Harry!" The brunette exclaimed, watching as the wooden arrow landed on the ground beside Umbridge. Harry's eyes traced up, landing on a group of around fifty Centaurs.

"What are you doing in our forest?!" The first centaur hollered, his voice seemed to rattle the dying leaves, that were sloppily glued to each tree branch.

"Your forest?" Professor Umbridge scoffed, "This forest belongs to the Ministry of Magic!"

A sudden stillness fell over the crowd of beast, until quickly, one by one, they began to enclose around the professor and her two, terrified students.

"Hermione..." Harry whispered, his hand never leaving her own.

"Yeah—?" She answered, gulping as they stepped back, brushing against the rough bark of trees surrounding them.

The green-eyed boy opened his mouth to mutter comforting phrases, but decided against it, for he, himself, was at a loss of words.

"Stay back, you beast!" Umbridge yelled, tightly holding her wand out in front of her. "You cannot attack me! Any attack on a Wizard by a half-breed—"

"Don't call him that!" Hermione said, her voice breaking slightly.

The largest centaur roared in anger, sending a shiver down the curly-headed girl's spine. She slowly stepped back against Harry, her body pressing up against his side.

"You dare to insult us?" The centaur mocked.

"I'm w-warning you! Don't come a-any closer!" Umbridge said, her voice quivering.

The centaur roared again, this time, backing up onto his hind legs. Hermione felt Harry's arms snake around her waist, pulling her behind him.

"Incarcerus!"

The brunette watched in complete terror, blinking back tears as she watched the creature fall to the ground, wrapped tightly in thick ropes. Harry, who had processed what was happening, gingerly pushed Hermione up against the tree. She gulped, her face glowing a bright red as she felt Harry's body pushed roughly against hers.

The centaurs abruptly charged past the two, giddy teenagers, surrounding their professor.

"H-Harry..." The curly-headed girl exhaled, resting her head in the crook of his neck.

"Shh—" He whispered, his eyes flickering to hers for a brief second, "—It's alright, I promise."

Umbridge continued to loudly scream, and Hermione found herself wincing at the sound. Harry's hands covered her eyes, his slightly calloused skin brushing against her face.