𝐢𝐱. 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐦𝐞

Upon entering the castle, Hermione sighed, feeling the warmth spread throughout her body; almost like she had taken a sip of steaming apple cider. She beamed, turning to look at Harry as they walked through the corridors. The brunette's focus, however, drifted towards Cho Chang, as she stalked through the hallways, sending a glare in Hermione's direction.

"Harry-" Hermione started, feeling an overwhelming feeling of joy; she had managed to upset Cho just by being around Harry. "—do you know what's gotten Cho so angry?"

The raven-haired boy's face whitened, as he gulped, sending Hermione a look that she recognized as pure terror.

"What did you do this time?" She snickered, playfully prodding him with her elbow.

"I- nothing..." Harry muttered, rolling his eyes at the Ravenclaw's petty, and quite childish, manner. "She's just jealous."

"Because you went with me to Hogsmeade?" Hermione chuckled, a sly smirk tugging at the corner of her pink lips; Harry had chosen her.

He nodded, rolling his emerald-colored eyes. "When I waiting for you, she asked me if I had invited anyone, and got upset when I mentioned you."

"Harry-" Hermione sighed, mentally facepalming. "—you just ruined your chances with Cho! You could have easily told her that I forced you to take me! And it would have been a good idea to mention how ugly you think I am as well."

"But I don't think you're ugly..." Harry whispered; his tone of voice softening as he locked eyes with the brunette. She offered him a lovely smile, as her cheeks became highlighted with a faint pink.

Once they had entered the common room, and we're sitting, Harry continued.

"And besides...I don't want to be with Cho-" The raven-haired boy bemused, his face scrunching up in disgust at the thought.

The brunette cocked her head to the side in confusion, furrowing her eyebrows as she glanced at her best friend. "I thought you fancied her...?"

"No, Hermione-" He snickered, smirking as he shook his head playfully. "—Cho is nothing compared to the girl I fancy."

A small smile appeared on Hermione's lips as she looked into his eyes, challenging him. "So, who's the lucky girl?"

Harry could almost hear the jealously in her voice, making him grin in delight; maybe she did like him after all. At that moment, he could find no proper words to explain how he felt, so Harry stuck to his gut feeling.

With an immense amount of care and passion, he cupped her cheek in his hand, rubbing small circles against her neck with his thumb. Slowly, he leaned in, his lips softly crashing with hers. Hermione's arms trailed past his neck, eventually settling in his unruly hair. He grinned into the kiss; this felt natural, like they were meant to be like this the whole time.

"I bloody knew it!!" A voice that belonged to their best- and obnoxious- friend yelled, causing them to jump feet apart.

"Ronald!" Hermione shrieked, adjusting her white collared shirt. Harry burst out into laughter, sending her a quick wink.