𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐫𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝

𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧, 𝐰𝐞'𝐫𝐞 𝐣𝐮𝐦𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧

The trio sat in the Great Hall, quietly munching on their toast. Hermione couldn't help but notice that Harry was more alert— tenser than he had been before. Ron, however, hadn't noticed this, for he was too focused on his food.

"You alright?" She softly asked, causing Harry to meet her gaze.

"Yeah, I suppose—" He began but was quickly stopped as his attention drifted somewhere else.

Hermione followed Harry's eyes up towards Umbridge, who stood in front of the staff table, holding a parchment.

"By Order of the Ministry of Magic: Dolores Jane Umbridge will replace Albus Dumbledore as Head of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." She said, smugly smiling at the students.

"My first act as your new Headmistress is to form an Inquisitional Squad, lead by Draco Malfoy. They will report directly to me about the goings-on in the halls of this school."

"You two hear that?" Ron snickered, gathering Harry and Hermione's attention, "that means no snogging."

The brunette's face flushed bright red, as she kicked her best friend underneath the table. "Not that it's any of your concern, but we weren't planning on snogging in the hallways."

"So where were you planning on—" Ron began once more, stopping suddenly as he hissed in pain. "That one actually hurt!"

"Good," Hermione smirked, turning her focus back towards Umbridge.

"Furthermore, our good caretaker, Mr. Filch has requested we reinstate the 'old punishments.' I have decided that there is no reason we shouldn't."

"No reason— yeah, let's hang children by their wrist! That sounds safe!" Ron scoffed, causing Harry to burst out in laughter.

"Mate—" the redhead sighed, "—I dunno why you're laughing. You're the one that's going to get punished, with all the reckless crap you do."

"Ronald, don't say that!" Hermione scolded, grabbing Harry's hand, and wrapping it with her own. "Harry, will NOT be hanging by his wrist."

Ron only rolled his eyes in response, stifling his laughter.

★ ★ ★

Hermione and Ron walked towards the Hogwarts Grounds, Harry following close behind as he watched his best friend's banter once more.

"Ronald—" Hermione pulled a glare onto her face, "—for the LAST time, Harry and I will NOT be snogging in the hallways!"

"What about the Common Room?" Ron smirked, chuckling.

"We will not be snogging in the Common Room either, or anywhere else in Hogwarts!" Hermione exclaimed, raising her voice slightly. "I dunno why you suddenly think my relationship is any of your business."

"Because you're my best friend and I need to make sure you two stay together," he shrugged, almost like it was the most obvious thing.