Chapter Fourteen

{ Chapter Fourteen }

We finish our walk around the park and go back to his house. Sitting at the dining room table, both with laptops, we start to pick out names.

"How about Harriet?" Caleb says, his eyes trained on the screen of his computer.

"Are you kidding?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He laughs and continues to scroll.

"Lola?"

"No."

"Francine?"

"You'd better be joking."

"Gertrude?"

"Are you doing this on purpose or what?" I laugh, shaking my head. He looks up at me, grinning, and turns back to the laptop.

"What about Bailey?"

My fingers linger over the keys of my own computer. "I actually like that one."

"Finally. What about her middle name?"

I shrug. "I've always like the name Jordan."

He smiles at me. "So for a girl: Bailey Jordan."

I laugh and nod. "Sounds great. Now, a boy."

"Daniel?" Caleb offers.

"Nope."

"Elijah?"

"I'm not feeling it."

"Ron?"

"Ron? No." I hesitate at a name on my list and smile. "I got it. Noah."

"Noah's a nice name." Caleb nods in agreement. "Now a middle name."

"You pick; I picked Bailey's." I say.

He puts a finger on his chin, thinking before speaking out. "Alexander. Noah Alexander."

I smile and nod. "That's perfect. Bailey Jordan or Noah Alexander." I rub a hand over my stomach. "Little boy or girl."

He grins, hugging me briefly before standing. "I hate to rush out, but I promised a group of friends that I would meet them soon. I'll see you later, okay?"

I nod, smiling again. "Yeah. Thanks for your help, Caleb."

He looks back at me and nods. "My pleasure. See you later?"

"Yeah." I say. "See you later."

-

-

-

I'm on my bed alone, curled into a ball, facing the wall. Originally, I was going to start the book Alexis just finished (and loved), but I just couldn't focus on any of the words on its pages. So I rolled over to try and take a nap, but couldn't find sleep.

My door bursts open suddenly, but I don't even flinch. "Grace!" I hear Caleb snap jokingly. "Get your butt out of bed!"

I groan and hug my blanket to my chest. "I'm not really in the mood, Caleb. Can you leave, maybe?"

"No!" He shouts. I feel the opposite side of the bed weigh down as he kneels on it. "Would dinner make you happier?" He whispers in my ear.

I turn my head to the side to look at him. "Are you serious?"

He smirks, a devious look in his eyes. "As serious as ever."

I sigh and sit up, pushing him out of my face. "Then get out so I can get ready."

He laughs loudly and stands. "Of course, my fair housemate. Anything for you." With that, he goes into the hallway, slamming my bedroom door after him.