Chapter 5

The sun had just started to set. George pulled me to sit on a bench with him in the garden. The weak rays radiated a yellow glow over everybody and everything. His left and my right leg were slightly touching. Every little shift made me more and more anxious. Who knew my best friend could be so capable of this entrenching spell on me? I sure didn't.

George gently let out a soft sigh. He glanced over at me, studying my facial features. I let him; I didn't care. Suddenly, his fingers wriggled through mine, and then grasped my hand. Oh, I could do this forever.

"Y/N?" George barely whispered.

"Yes?"

"How..."

"'How what?"

"...How are you? How are you feeling?"

"About what matter?"

"Everything. Me, the castle, servants, you're own mind...talk to me."

"G-George I..." I trailed off.

"Please, don't."

"Don't what?"

"Leave me."

"George, I would never."

"You don't seem happy, and my heart hurts at the sight of that."

"Of course I'm happy!" I could feel my gut wrench slightly.

Am I alright? George sensed this too. He knew me more than I knew myself.

"You're twitching, love." He cupped my face.

I stared. His eyes, they seemed to hold my soul. Or a piece of it.

I didn't hold back anymore. Our lips conjoined once again. Pure bliss. And then we pulled away.

An obscure thought zapped my mind. A smirk formed on my lips.

"George."

He gave me a look that seemed to say, "go ahead".

"What if I were an American revolutionist?"

He looked shell-shocked.

"Y-Y/N— what are you speaking?"

"I mean, what if I was? You know I'm not, but I just want to know."

"Well, I think it depends on the situation itself. If you were born into one of those nasty families, then perhaps there could be a way we could make it work. But if you were here in Britain with me, and you just turned into that...I couldn't be able to live through that heartbreak."

Sheesh.

"Uh well..." I stumbled.

That was heavy. I understood what he was saying. If I were born that way, I couldn't help having that mentality. But if I was born here like him, and I changed sides, that's as if I did it to him on purpose.

~~~

The urge to sail the high seas hit me again. I need a break from this castle. For the past few days, I have been feeling like a caged animal in the castle. I need to walk outside. Away from the castle, and away from George. Just for a bit.

Putting on the military uniform, I burst out of my bedroom to head outside towards the city. It was morning; dew sprinkled the surface of the objects around me. A smile crept across my face.

As my right hand neared the handle to the door, I felt a firm grasp on my left one.

"What the hell?" I whipped around to find George in my face.

"Just where are you trying to sneak off to?" He seethed.

"Out...?"

"I'm afraid I can't let you."

"Why?" I grew fearful.

Was there something dangerous out there? A revolt? Attack?

He didn't answer me. Just glared.

"George."

"Y/N, you're not to leave the castle."

"Why?"

"K-King's authority." He stumbled.

What the blimey hell does he think he's doing to me?

"You truly can't be serious."

I writhed out of his grip. He tried to grab me again, but I forcefully shoved him backwards. Then, I turned to pull on the handle to find it...locked.

"W-What?" My head spun in confusion.

"Guards!" Apparently George screamed from the floor.

He had somehow fallen to the ground like the dumb*ss he is.

Out of nowhere, four guards rushed to me out of the shadows. They seized all four of my limbs. I thrashed violently.

"George, what the hell?" I screeched.

"It's for your own good, Y/N. I can't let you leave the castle, and out into that dangerous world." George gasped.

I threw myself around. I could take these blokes. All four of them. I made like a swordfish and thrashed even harder. They dropped me. I dart past them to another corridor. No avail.

I was met with a dozen more soldiers who heard the commotion.

"Take her to that special room that recently finished."

"What room?" I spat after being manhandled.

A genuine smile flashed on George's face.

"Don't worry. You'll love it."