Chapter 8

The stars felt like they were going to implode in on me. The world seemed to turn around and around so fast. I began to forget who I even was. I have the chance to marry him. But what about what he has done to me?

C'mon Y/N, you know he had a rough upbringing. He has a few screws loose in his head, but that's just another reason why I love him.

I smiled. I smiled like there was no tomorrow.

He'll do worse to me.

Then I frowned.

George seemed to take notice. His own smile faltered, and he started to get a forlorn look on his face.

I grabbed his hand, and made a statement that will change my life forever.

"Yes."

And that was all I whispered. He picked my frame up and spun me around.

"As of this moment from now on, my dreams have become a reality." George barely breathed.

~~~

George decided to focus on acclimating me to the "royal family life". He kept prompting me to buy dresses, learn better etiquette (f*ck you, George), and to look down upon servants/slaves/commoners. All of which, of course, I refused. It's not who I am. And if this is what it will take to become his wife, I am definitely done. Am I giving George too many chances? Have I slowly forgotten to care about myself?

It didn't take long for the country to receive news of our engagement. Suddenly, crowds gathered around whenever we (George and I) left the castle. They didn't want to see their king, they wanted to see their future queen. I've been doing my duty in helping citizens whenever I can. All I'm greeted with is kindness in return. I hope to take charge and lead people the right way, unlike what George has done.

I was featured all over the newspapers. I began to become famous. I was a crusader for the commoners. And they knew it. They knew I was one of them, and I planned to make their life better through future legislation. I just have to make it through my marriage with George.

I strolled through the gardens. It was late-spring now. The temperature was rising, and so was my anger with George. It's been many months since he's proposed. I have also began to grow a secret sympathy for the colonists. I have been wondering more and more what it's like to be there.

Could I be myself there? Could a lady like myself be accepted for who I am there?

The colonists tended to be more liberal and free spirited. Surely I could fit in, right? (A/N: Yes, I know the real ones weren't like it, but just deal with it for the story. :) )

The flowers around were in full bloom. Not a single soul to be found. As I was admiring them, I thought about my father. Visiting him would be a good idea.

Knowing that I wouldn't willingly be let out of the castle, I snuck out by crawling under a few bushes. Finally, I was back in town. Weirdly enough, I missed it. I yearned for anything that wasn't the dull castle walls. Walking parallel to the harbor, I reached my childhood home.

I grasped the handle and pushed the front door forward. Nothing happened.

This is strange. The boat was still around when I went by, so he's not at sea. Maybe he's out at the market or something.

I decided to do some more investigating in the back. Then I'll be satisfied.

I turned to the right corner to travel along the side to peep into some windows. Big mistake.

At first, all I could see was dark grey after I got on my tiptoes to peer in the glass. Then my eyes adjusted to the eerie darkness. At first, everything seemed normal. Then, I saw my father's favorite chair in the common room. It was tipped over. The left hind leg was broken. There was a faint red substance sprayed along the top of the backside of it. My head started to get dizzy. My throat started to burn.

It was dried blood. He was gone, and I know who did it.

It had to have been George. He's the one all the fingers point to. George must've ordered my father to be taken out. I remember father always telling me to stay away from George, ever since we were young. He wouldn't approve of me marrying George. He always despised him from the day I told him I was friends with the prince. Therefore, George would do anything to make me his, even if it meant murdering my father.

I didn't cry. I loved my father, that's why I didn't. He wouldn't want me to break me down. He wouldn't want me to waste his life. He died protecting me from George. And I'm going to do my damnedest to get away from him. Father will not go down in vain.

I ran back to the castle. I'm packing all of what little belongings I have and running away. I snuck through the back of the castle and made it to my room.

After shoving everything into a small briefcase-like luggage, I wrote that b*stard a letter.

King George III-

By the time you read this, I'll be long gone. What you have done is unscrupulous and irreversible. The wedding is off and I hope to never see you again. My father was right when he said you are an evil man. My last living family member is gone and I will have your head, if it's the last thing I do.

Do not bother looking for me. I will be impossible to find and it will not end well for you or your pathetic little empire. I hope I smash your cold heart into pieces and you suffer from insanity. I will come back when the time is right for my revenge.

Your "true love",
Y/N L/N

Satisfied with my note, I left it on the desk and dashed away into the night.

___
A/N:
Oof. Finished that one finally. Sorry it took me a while. I've been busy and I'm sticking to my promise of not rushing chapters. Thanks for reading and comment where you think you're running away to! :)