Chapter 18

Victoria

"I ain't seen you in a minute," Keenon said as he leaned against my locker. "Have you been avoiding me?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked over at him, just to make sure he wasn't going crazy. Every since that party Friday night, Keenon's never even crossed my mind except when he called. I've been caught up in too much family drama to be worrying about Keenon and all of his girlfriend nonsense.

"No, I haven't. Dealing with you hasn't even crossed my mind. You're irrelevant," I flatly stated as if I were a robot.

I closed my locker and began walking down the hallway to my class. If cutting Keenon off had to end that way, then so be it. I should have listened to Teddy when he said he was no good for me. I'm content with what's going on now. It's not what I want but it's not like I'm being tied down with a boyfriend. Teddy and I are sleeping together, but we aren't in a relationship and we're free to flirt and do whatever we feel. It's just easier this way.

I was just about to walk inside of the classroom but Keenon pulled me back towards him. He pushed me up against the wall and leaned down so we were face-to-face. "I know you don't mean none of the shit you just said. We haven't been messing with each other that much to even say something like that. I bet it's that nigga Theodore, right? He put all of that in your head and told you to say that to me. Aren't I right?"

I shook my head, no. "Look, let's get something straight here Keenon, Theodore doesn't run me. I make my own decisions and I'm the one who decided to stop talking to you, not Theodore."

He smirked, "I know you really want to be with me."

"You're wrong," I replied.

"No, you're wrong. Stop letting that nigga get in your head. I know you really want me, just admit it."

"Just admit you want me. Isn't that the reason why you can't stay away from me," I asked him.

"Hell yeah," he exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air. "You're fine ass needs to stop messing around with losers who can't do for you like I can."

"I don't need a man to take care of me. My Mama raised me to be able to do that on my own."

He smiled, "And that's why I like you. You're not trying to mooch off a niggas money. You can go make your own bread but I'd give you the world if I wanted to. All you need to do is say yes."

I folded my arms across my chest. "Say yes to what? Because I"m not about to get caught up in no drama with your baby mama or any of your other girlfriends. If I'm around I want to be the only woman around in your life."

"What about my Mama," he asked laughing.

I chuckled, "Other than her and your daughter. I called you Friday night after the party to apologize but some bitch answered the phone claiming to be your girlfriend."

"That was just baby mama. That bitch is stuck on me."

"Or you're still sticking something in her, right," I asked.

He laughed, "Why do you always go thinking crazy shit like that? And if I am, don't I need to be happy just like you? I've heard some stuff about you Miss. McDonald."

"I can say the same thing about you. What have you heard about me?"

"I know you've been sleeping around," he replied.

"Let's get something correct right here," I pointed my finger in his face. "I've only slept with one man, so don't go around spreading lies about me."