11 The good old days

Janet had insisted that "Jack" carried you all the way to her and Michaels hotel room. Now you were sitting on the couch wrapped in a fluffy blanket and Janet sat down next to you and handed you a cup of tea.
"I'm so sorry for you, Y/N.", Janet started, "but I swear I wasn't lying when I said that he just wanted some distraction in the other girls..."
You didn't believe her. Not one single bit. But you didn't want to show it so you just responded with a forced smile and mumbled: "Well, at least you remember me."
It was supposed to sound a little bit funny but neither of you laughed. All Janet did was sigh deeply and then she bend over to embrace you in a long hug.
"You know", you said again, "I've never had a better best friend than you in my whole life."
"Same here", Janet said and then giggled: "It's so crazy. The last time we talked I was younger than you and now I'm like fifteen years older than you."
"Yea, it really is crazy.", you agreed.
"But you know what's even more crazy? When you landed in my families house and we all were totally freaking out about this."
You knew what Janet was doing there, she wanted to distract you. But you didn't mind, it was making you both grin happily as you remembered the "good old days" as Janet called it even though all of these events were only a few days ago for you.
"Yes and when I met Jermaine in the hallway, I swear his face will always be the most hilarious thing I've ever seen.", you began and Janet joined in with laughing.
"Oh and do you remember our shopping trip?", she asked, "I've never had so much fun whule going shopping. We definitelyhave to repeat this in the near future."
"Yes, we really should.", you smiled and thought nack to that day. It was truly enjoyable to go shopping with Janet. And Katherine was so happy that you two got along so well and let you out of the house without hesitating, she was such a nice lady.
And when you opened the door, Michael tried to stop you. He was being so cute back then when he was obviously jelaous. Michael was- you sniffed a little. He was, he isn't anymore you remembered. He didn't love or even recognize you anymore, he just didn't care.
"Oh no, not again.", Janet whispered while handing you a tissue, "Just stop thinking about my brother for a while. Okay Y/N? And tomorrow we'll discuss this but today let's just be happy that two best friends are reunited, okay? Please..."
You used the tissue to wipe away your tears and then nodded bravely. She was right, if you kept thinking about it, it wouldn't get any better. Only worse because you would start to imagine what Michael has been doing the past nineteen years while he was not missing you.
"Sooo", Janet suggested, "what about a girly night?"
"Yesss!", you agreed happily and and suddenly full of joy.
And as you and Janet started watching a movie, later having a pillow fight and talking about random stuff while chewing on popcorn, Michael was in the deepest corner of your brain and you felt like you weren't heartbroken anymore even though you clearly were.

So this chapter is like a little bit of a refresh for you and also me, cause its obviously been a really long time since last updated. I hope, some of you are still interested in this story I've probably lost like most of my readers due to these hardly existing updates. Anyways I still love you all amd never the less: I hope you still enjoy readimg my story
L.O.V.E.
gweeniiiilana