Fourth Edward.

The Edwards

• • • • • • • • •

The given truth and realization sometimes anger me.

It was like, my experience of supposedly learning and finding that statement and truth by myself had diminished into something I put in mind of.

For example William Shakespeare's quote; A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool.

I knew I was wise- or maybe have a unique way of thinking across the boundaries. I'd like to think that it's a super power.

So within reading that quote, I realize how of a fool I am. Then I try to be a wise man that accepts his foolishness, but that's a coorinated and planned descision.

Then I think and think, Don't think that you're a wise girl, think about how you're such a fool.

And thats so strained and not realistic of me.

So when you talked and ramble with me in the middle of the bookcases of the quiet library, you picked up a book and silently read to me.

"God, I love this book so much."

"Did Vealinor Quales write that?"

"Yes, She's my favourite author. The way her words are portrayed and placed there, you know that feeling Belle?"

"I do, I'm not a big fan of her psychological books though. It damages my brain and makes it bleed."

"I thought 'Belle's like to read?"

"And I thought Edwards like to sparkle in the sunlight?"

"Touché, my friend."

I'm a Disney princess and I'd love to think that I actually am sometimes. I remember being made a gown when I was a kid, and used to wear it at home.

It was purple, long and silky with pink and white ruffles. I'd have a tiara in my hair too, then I dance and play around in the garage.

After I finish watching Beauty and The Beast- which had one of my favourite soundtracks- I giggled and told Mom that I'm a Disney Princess who likes to read.

But when I first read the books with no pictures, I gagged and threw a tantrum because it was not as expected.

Yes, I know- I was a child. Anyways, you read her book called Shameless Lie. Her romance and mystery book.

It was about a girl and a boy- obviously- who met in a timelapse when they were passing by the famous Bermuda Triangle. In the story, the triangle was a portal to the fourth dimension, Time.

And in that infinite day, they fell inlove in the midst of the endless ticking of the clock. The only mystery though, is that if they ever stay longer, their bodies will fade away bit by bit.

They were stuck in a dimension of time, and human body adjusts to time and doesn't grow old, however that dimension cannot hold our stardust of bodies for a long time.

So how can they get out if they can only say that love really stops time?

You see then, The truth is always there that love does not have the power to do that incredible thing. Even if Vealinor wrote fiction, she knew the truth and decided to shrug it off.

It ruins the joy of finding out the ending, that maybe they'd get out and live in the end because of their love.

But then you internally knew they can't, because reality.

So when you read a part of the book which struck you, it was in the midst of their ending. The boy said to the girl;

"They say that love is an amazing endless lapse of time, made for two people. But we both know that 'amazing' is out of that phrase for our time lapse now. I know love doesn't have the power to save us, and even hope.

But who am I to let go and just sit there and do nothing except trying to defy the truth and reality? Love can give us the power to do things we can't imagine, and Hope gives us that shining ray of light.

So you see, being stuck in this time lapse is just our thing, Acella. And I'll give my love just to save us both."

It was nonsense when you read it at first, but when I try to repeat it all in my mind, it goes deeper than the sea you float.

So why would I let the truth bother me when I can shrug it off and be what my decisions make me of?

You taught me that Edward, and I'm thankful for that.

After you read those lines, you blushed yet looked me in the eyes and smiled. I don't know whether it was the shy smile or the i'm-flirting-with-you smile.

I knew it was true though.

"That was deep.."

"Yeah.." You breathed while staring at me intently.

I don't know whether it was allowed to have tension in the library, but rebels we were.

The smell of crispy books and marked pages quickened my adrenaline as you leaned in closer, and it's only been a month since I knew you.

But deep yet short kisses in the library were just our thing.

And I'd like to think that, even if I know the truth that maybe you'll regret it and ignore me after that, I'd like to think that your lips were saying forever.

There I met the fourth Edward, the one who gives me kisses in the silent library, the one who made my mind toss around the pages of a thousand books, and the one who made me want to read.

"Uh so, meet me in the Art room tomorrow after class, yeah?"

".. Yeah.."

"So, I better go..I guess I'll see you later."

"Uh yeah, see you Ed."

"Yeah..."

".. Yeah."

".. Yeah, See you."

And you walked away with a smile with nothing left except a peck in the cheek and a dumb founded girl holding a Vealinor book.

Dream, yes it was, but wow boy, you made it feel surreal. As real as the sun peeking through my blinds, as real as the alarm clock's ringing in my ears.