chapter 18- struck

3RD PERSON POV

after staring for a while, doyeon and daehwi walked towards jihoon and sohye's table.

"oh, hey doyeon!" sohye fakely smiled at her, hoping to get on her friend list. doyeon gave a pitiful smile back.

"so what are you guys doing together? just the two of you?" daehwi nudged jihoons arm repeatedly, giving him that look.

doyeon turned her face to the side and rolled her eyes making sure no one could see.

daehwi knew that jihoon liked and doyeon, and he knew that she liked him back. but he couldn't tell the either of them of course, that would just be going against the rules. so he had a little fun with it from time to time. trying to make them burst there confessions to each other.

"anyway jihoon," doyeon sat down next to him "where's yoojung? i thought she'd be here."

"oh! she couldn't make it, she's a little busy" sohye smiled and answered instead.

"great." doyeon gave an awkward smile and shut her mouth in annoyance.

daehwi tapped doyeon's hands from across the table, "okay, okay, everything's fine. have you guys ordered yet?" daehwi asked and the two nodded.

"great okay." daehwi smiled and called for the waiter.

"2 serves of the steak and salad. and 2 orange juice please" he said and the waiter jotted it down and walked away.

doyeon gave a smile and nod to daehwi as he had correctly ordered the food for her.

+

YOOJUNG POV

what is he doing? w-why are they hugging? how do they know eachother? why, is this happening to me?

i didn't know why i was freaky out so much. i could've just walked up to them and asked. i should've, but i didn't.

all the times dedicated to him and to think that someone could snatch him away just like that. is this what i deserved? from snatching him from doyeon so quick, not thinking that the same thing could happen to me too.

i couldn't keep watching, i just couldn't. so here i am. sitting alone in the library, cuddled up in my hoodie. typical yoojung right?

my phone was buzzing with messages but i didn't even have the confidence to look at them right now.

Why do I feel alone when there's so many people ?

"hey yoojung!" i turned my head to the voice calling out my name. it was haknyeon. well who else could it have been?

"what are you doing here alone?" he asked as he opened up his laptop.

i didn't say anything, i just looked at him. i'm meant to be with daniel right now.

"is something wrong?" he asked me.

i shook my head and gave me a light smile. was i subconsciously making my smile seem fake so that he'd ask me again?

i really don't know.

"are you sure? if something's wrong you can tell me." he smiled.

he actually has a pretty nice smile. doyeon was right, he is kind of cute.

anyway

"no, i'm just a bit upset that's all" i told him and ended my sentence with a small laugh.

"you're upset? who did this to you?" he asked me fully facing me.

"yeah i, saw something happen earlier so i'm just a bit sad" i explained.

"why would someone make you sad when all you deserve is to be happy." he smiled.

Reminds of me of what Daniel would say.

"it wasn't doyeon was it? you know i said i'd help you with anything" he continued.

As independent as I thought I was, and how everyone saw me, I just needed to be in someone's arms right now. but was i going to hug haknyeon? no, i'm not that desperate.

"no it wasn't her. but thanks." i replied.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

"trust me, it wasn't her this time." i replied.

"i believe you but you look so sad right now. can i give you a hug?" he asked

what?

maybe i really did need to be in someone's arms right now.

i opened my arms and hugged him. my head fit right on his chest, similarly to daniel. except this wasn't daniel

What am I doing? This isn't Daniel, and all i ever wanted was daniel, so i let go.

"thanks. . . but i have to go now" i told him and quickly left.

not looking properly due to my sudden moves i bumped into seonho.

"yoojung!" he called.

"oh hey, sorry i really have to go now. see you tonight" i smiled and him and left.

SEONHO POV

yoojung with... who is that guy? isn't that her stalker?

what about daniel? what about tonight?

maybe what mina told me was right.

-
Thanks for reading!