Chapter 1: Meeting her playboy

Xandie is having fun looking at the photographs featured in the exhibits. All the the pictures are amazing, they seem to be so alive. It feels like any moment, all of them will just leap in front of you.

She particularly loves the works of Chantal Go, a Filipino-Chinese photographer known in the Philippines and obviously is also known internationally. Xandie is just so glad to be here in Paris to see the exhibit.

This is actually a gift before she goes back to the Philippines after taking her Masteral degree at Oxford. A week to pamper herself with shopping and gallivanting before she immerse herself in the grueling world of business.

Her family is expecting her to take on the reins on the their business together with his older brother when she returns. But for now, she'll just have fun and maybe for once do something that she'll never be able to do once she's back home.

With that in thought Xandie continues to look at the various pictures. Her attention was caught by a photograph of a deer, drinking from the stream. The picture is just breath taking, so she walks to take a closer look.

Because her attention is focused on that particular picture, she didn't notice the man looking at the picture beside the picture she has interest in, holding a glass of champagne.

As the man turns, he collided with her and accidentally poured some of the champagne on her dress.

"Sorry, I didn't notice you", the man apologized profusely.

"It's okay, I wasn't looking myself", Xandie said as she tries to dry her dress.

"Did I ruin your dress"

"No I don't think so, it's black so it's not likely to be stained", she said still not looking at the man. She noticed though that he has a sexy voice.

"Here...", the man said and offered his handkerchief.

"Thank you...", Xandie looks up before getting the hanky from his outstretched hand.

Her eyes travelled from his long manicured fingers to his stretched arms then met by a wide expanse of chest and broad shoulder in an expensive suit. It travelled more to his corded neck and when she finally saw his face, she let out a soft gasp and held her breath.

What greeted her took her breath away. She's looking at the most handsome face ever. Brown eyes in the shape of almond framed in long lashes a girl would kill for, winged eyebrows, perfect nose and lips that are pink. She also notice a dimple in his left cheek when his lips curved to a half smile.

She blinks when she sees the amusement dancing in his eyes and immediately took the handkerchief to dry her dress.

"Sorry", Xandie stammered and just concentrated on what she is doing.

Aldrich couldn't help himself but be amused at the woman in front of him. She is undeniably beautiful and definitely sexy. She is more on the petite side, she barely reach his shoulder and she is obviously smitten by him, which is not surprising at all. It may sound conceited but he is aware that he is more than good looking.

"I'm Aldrich Montoya", he said and offered his hand.

"Xandie", she said taking his hand. It's as if electricity travelled from his hand to hers as their fingers touched so Xandie immediately remove her hands from his clasp. Aldrich also seems to notice the current for he stared at their clasp hands for a while.

Aldrich cleared his throat then turns his attention back to Xandie.

"I think I owe you for ruining your dress".