Chapter 2 : The playboy

"Hey Xandie, aren't you going home yet?

     Xandie looked up when she heard her brother's voice.

     "Later big brother, I still need to finish reading this proposal". Her brother step in inside her office.

     "You can finish that tomorrow", he said taking the folder from her hand.

     "Go home, rest....you don't need to work yourself to death. Mama wants us to dine together, so come on, leave that for tomorrow".

      "You're so bossy",  Xandie said pouting.

     "Well, of course, I'm your boss"

     "Whatever big brother"

     "Anyway I want you to attend the convention in Palawan, this is your chance to meet the other hoteliers and some potential investors. Some of the known business personalities will also be there"

     "Why me? Why not you?"

     "Because little sister, I have things to do"

     "If I know, you're just gonna be burrowing yourself in some boring case. Go out on a date brother, have a life."

     "I go out in a date, you just don't know about it.

     "Yeah right!"

     "Hey..."

      "Okay fine, but try getting serious again...unless you're still not over with a certain someone."

       Her brother did not answer back.

        "You know what brother, if she's still important to you, why not look for her and chase her. I know she's very important to you".

     "More than you know. And oh before I forgot, here....", he said giving her a magazine. A lifestyle magazine. She look at her brother with knotted forehead.

     "It's not my idea, blame our mother. She wants you to look at the eligible bachelors in the country. I don't think that magazine will help though, all those men listed there are certified playboys. They're no good for you"

     "And what do you know about what's good for me?"

      "I'm your brother, of course I know"

      "You're being conceited brother, why not mind your own love life first before mine."

      "I'll work  on it, anyway you might want to peruse that magazine, you may see some of the men listed in there at the convention"

      Xandie did not pay attention about the men listed in the magazine but rather on what her brother said about her love life. Seeing a chance, she pounce on that issue.

     "What do you mean you'll  work on it? Have you met a new girl...how about your long lost love?"

     "Back off little sis..I'm not telling you anything"

     "You're being unfair brother dear..."

     "That's what big brothers do. Now go home..."

     "How about you, I thought Mama wants us to dine together?"

     "I'll follow shortly, I just need to drop by my law office to get some files. I have a hearing tomorrow", his brother said.

       When they reached the parking lot, her brother just waved her off before driving off to his firm. Xandie on the other hand just hop in her car then threw the magazine at the backseat. Maybe she'll just bring the magazine to read while on her way to Palawan.