Chapter 8: Rule #3

Xandie's finishing reading some report when she heard a knock on her door. A moment later her secretary walks in carrying a basket of white orchids eliciting a gasp from her.

"Delivery for you Ma'am"

"Beautiful", she softly said touching the delicate petals.

"Very beautiful indeed.....you're suitor is really something Ma'am. Where should I put these?"

"Just leave it here", indicating her table still looking at the beautifully arranged flowers. There's no doubt who sent those orchids. There's only one person who can afford to give a very extravagant gift like this. She pick up the card to read his message.

- please have dinner with me tonight-
-Aldrich-

Xandie smiled, at least the guy knows how to ask. Still smiling she called him.

"Thank you for the flowers"

"You like them", it was a statement. Aldrich could sense that Xandie likes the orchids. He smiled to himself, finally he'd done something that really pleases her.

"Very much, they're exquisite"

"I'm glad....so will you go out to dinner with me tonight?"

"As if you'll take no for an answer", she said sarcastically which only made him laugh.

"You bet.....so I'll pick you up at six?"

Xandie agreed then said goodbye. Before returning to work, she look at the flowers once more. She thought that Aldrich is learning....its been a while since he made a grand gesture and have started to be subtle and smooth. Though his gifts are still something to behold.....he no longer goes over the top...and she appreciates it better.

At least now, his actions no longer makes her want to hide, unlike before. Unfortunately though, she was never successful at hiding from him. He always seems to know where to find her.

She's in the middle of her work when her brother walks in.

"Can you do me a favor sis"

"What is it?"

"I'll be busy with my case this week, so I can't visit our hotel in Cebu to check the renovations there. Will you visit it for me?"

"When?"

"Within the week, I hope....last time I check, they're only finishing the restaurant and the kitchen"

"I'll go tomorrow"

"Thank you..."

"You owe me......I'm always covering for you lately", Xandie said with a glint in her eyes. She doesn't mind doing all the works, since she knows that her brother is a bit busy at the moment preparing for his wedding, but this is her chance to ask something from him"

"Fine....what do you want?"

"Audi...."

Her brother just let out a sigh....

"Just tell my assistant about it......"

"Wow....no buts big brother?", she asks amazed at how easily her brother gives in.

"You're going to pester me until I give in anyway, so I thought why waste my time.....", Mathew said with a smirk.

Xandie frown at that....

"You made it sound like I'm a spoiled brat..."

"Aren't you?"

Xandie just stuck her tongue out to her brother....fine she's a bit of a brat while growing up and it couldn't be help to be spoiled....their parents love spoiling her and her brother.