Chapter 6 : Flowers

Xandie was right, her reprieve only lasted overnight, because at the moment she opens her eyes the following morning, her quest to hide has begun.

When Xandie comes down for breakfast before going to work, she's surprised to find Aldrich laughing with her mother at the dining table. Even his father is smiling at whatever he said. Whatever is he doing here so early?

"Eherm....", she cleared her throat trying to get their attention. Aldrich's face immediately brightens up upon seeing her and immediately stood up to pull her a chair while her parents just smiled at her.

Her mother waved her to her to the chair Aldrich pulled for her.

"Oh, there you are Xandie, come on, eat your breakfast"

After taking her seat, she immediately pounced on Aldrich.

"What are you doing here?"

"Picking you up for breakfast before dropping you to your office, but your parents invited me to join you for breakfast instead", Aldrich answered smiling at her and her parents.

She just rolled her eyes while Her mother beamed at Aldrich, and Xandie could easily see that she is completely charmed by this man.

"So, how's Mathew?", Xandie asks ignoring the man beside her. She learned that her big brother followed Cassie to Baguio to go after her and win her back. Finally her stupid brother has come to his senses.

"Don't mind your brother, he's fine there", her mother said.

"So they're  back together?"

"Yes, and they will be arriving tonight with your nephew, so enough of them. What I want to know is how did you two meet?", her mother asks excitedly.

Xandie can't blame her, she'd been nagging her to have a boyfriend, now that a man is here with an obvious interest in her, her mother is ecstatic.

"Ma...."

"Killjoy", her mother said then turns to Aldrich.

"So Aldrich, tell me, how did you met?"

"Well Maam, we first met in Paris at a photo exhibit"

Her mother's interest is now picked.

"Paris you say?", she said slanting a glance at Xandie.

"Yes Ma'am" , Aldrich confirmed.

"When Xandie here, was vacationing in Paris, two months ago?"

"Exactly Maam"

"Ohh... I thought you just met at the convention and you discovered her to be Mathew's sister"

"Actually I was surprised to know that Mathew is her brother. It never came out during our short acquintance in Paris. It is only now that we've seen each other again that we talk about ourselves", Aldrich explained smiling.

"Well.....look at that. Maybe you are fated to see each other again, to get to know each other more", her mother said with a hopeful expression on her eyes.

"I totally agree Ma'am"

Xandie puts down her napkin and stood up. They better leave before this conversation go elsewhere.

"You're done eating?"

"Yes Ma, we'd better be going before we get caught in a traffic"

"But Aldrich is not yet finish with his breakfast"

"It's okay Ma'am, I'm already full. Thank you for the breakfast", he said.

"It was nice meeting you Maam, Sir", he said before following Xandie out.