Chapter 7 : Surprise

Xandie is happy for her brother, he's finally happy now, she can see that clearly in his face while he is tenderly looking at his fiancée. Her brother had just asked Cassey to be his wife last night when they arrived here at their beach house in Batangas, together with their three-year old son, Jace. She can see the happiness clearly in the couples eyes. How she wish, she'd also be like these two someday.

"So Xandie, tell me, is it true that your new suitor is Aldrich Montoya?", her brother asks her pulling her out from her musings.

Xandie just stuck her tongue to her brother, but didn't say anything, denying or confirming it,

"You're aware that he's a playboy", her brother said again.

"I'm well aware about his reputation."

"Just making sure...."

"Mat....., Xandie's a smart woman, she knows what she's up to", her brother's fiancée Cassey said.

Xandie beam at her and smirked at her brother, who only shrug his shoulder in return.

"Anyway, I'll be taking Jace to the mall. We'll be going with Mama and Papa."

"Okay", her brother agreed readily, which made Xandie look at him suspiciously.

"You two.........behave", Xandie said looking pointedly at them. Her brother just raised his brows while her future sister-in-law blushed prettily.

"Hmmmppp....I know you're up to something big brother"

"I won't tell you anything"

"As if I would like to know", she said pouting.

That's when Jace comes running down the stairs followed by their parents. Her nephew seems excited to be going to the mall.

"Excited to go the mall kiddo?", Xandie asks when her nephew stops beside her.

Jace nodded in excitement while stretching his hand to her, wanting to be carried. Xandie laugh and scoop her nephew to carry him.

"That boy will be spoiled if you will always give him what he wants", Cassey said shaking her head but smiling fondly at her son.

"Let him be sweetheart, he is a good boy, he may be spoiled but will never be rotten", Mathew said putting her arm around Cassey.

"Hmmmppp...." Cassey said but her eyes are smiling.

"Let's go?", their father called at the doorway.

"Say goodbye to Mommy and Daddy", Xandie said to Jace before they leave. After her nephew kissed his parents, he immediately took her hands and runs after his grandparents.

Xandie just laugh as she lets her nephew pull her. This little boy is surely excited.

They are currently at the toy section and she let Jace roam around to choose what he likes. She's currently looking at a very cute stuffed animal when she was startled by a voice.

"You're lovelier than that", Aldrich whispered in her ear.

Xandie whirled at the sound of Aldrich's voice surprised to see him.

"What are you doing here?", Xandie asks in a startled voice.

"Looking for you", Aldrich answered with a smile.

Xandie is dumbfounded, just what this guy means saying he's looking for her.

"Did you intentionally follow me?"

"Well of course, how can I see you if I will not follow you."

"You're impossible"

Aldrich frown upon hearing Xandie's exasperated voice.