Chapter 10 : Misunderstanding

He'd been standing there maybe for about a minute or two looking at her, watching her work, taking in how beautiful she is especially when she's so deeply concentrated in her work that she didn't even notice his presence. He'd missed her so much, that he goes straight to her office the moment his plane lands.

"Hey love....busy?", Aldrich said from the doorway.

She'd been so absorbed with her paperworks, she didn't notice him standing there. Her face brightens up upon seeing him and she smiled as she stands to welcome him. She haven't seen him for over a week so she misses him so much. Aldrich went to Spain to deal with some matters regarding his business. He wanted her to go with him, but she can't leave her work at the moment.

"Miss me?", Aldrich asks when he reach her. He pulled her close so that he could embrace her.

"Very much", Xandie said very much willing to be imprisoned in his arms.

"Me too.....I have to work fast just to get everything done so I'll back here immediately", he said kissing her forehead. He held her away away from his body for a while to look at her.

"Now honey, why don't you show me how much you miss me....", he said teasing her. Xandie just raised her brows.....

She put her arms around his neck then stretch up on her toes to kiss him. Once her lips touches his lips though, Aldrich immediately took over the kiss, kissing her hungrily. They only stop when they are both out of breath.

"God...how I miss you", he said wrapping her tight in his arms.

"I love you", Xandie said softly.

"I love you more love...", he said sincerely.

"Hmmm...."

"Still busy?.....let's watch a movie or do whatever you like....I just want to spend time with you..."

"Aren't you tired?"

"I am but I badly missed you"

They are interrupted by a knock, then Trix came in with an apologetic smile.

"Sorry Ma'am, but the housekeeping department are already in the conference room waiting for you".

"Oh....", Xandie look at Aldrich. She totally forgot about that meeting upon seeing him.

"I'll be there shortly Trix, thank you"

She turns to Aldrich and grimaced.

"Sorry....I'll make this quick"

Aldrich just smiled at her.

"Take your time, I'll just wait here", he said making himself comfortable in the couch.

"I'll have Trix bring you something to drink. This won't take long"

"Don't worry love...."

Xandie immediately scoops her notes then hurriedly walked out the door. If she only knows that Aldrich will arrive today, she won't have scheduled a meeting. But that man.........he didn't even mention last night when he called that he'll be arriving today. No doubt, he intends to surprise her again.

Aldrich laid down on the couch to rest a little, thinking of the surprise he prepared for Xandie later tonight. He pats his pocket to make sure that the box is still there. True, they've only been together for over a month and it's still too early to take their relationship to a new level but he's sure with what he felt for Xandie.

He wants to spend the rest of his life with her. She's the only one who makes him believe that love do exist, that he's capable to love someone truly and that he could be a better man, for himself and for her.