Chapter 5 : Rule #2

It's official, Xandie's having a bad day.....she's now having second thoughts about having Aldrich in her life. That man is so arrogant, a tyrant, a conceited fool, so full of himself and the biggest oaf she had ever met.

Xandie never had to work on rule number one after all. She doesn't need to make Aldrich notice her anymore, for he have already notice her, alright. More than notice her actually.

Now, she's pissed off because of that man. He's so conceited as to tell her that he's just staking his claim when she confronted him on what's he doing hovering over her.

Looks like, Aldrich made it his mission to attach himself to her. All day, he'd been shadowing her footsteps. He keeps on scowling over anyone who's trying to approach him. And damn those fools for scurrying away like a scared puppy.

Last night, he even manages to obtain a room in the hotel where she is staying and according to him, he did it to watch over her. She's not sure what has gotten into his mind, why would she need watching over, when she is staying at their hotel. For heaven's sake, their security is first class, what could happen to her at the penthouse, when the access there is reserved only for the family. What she can't figure out is how he manages to get a room when she knows full well that they are already fully booked.

When she asked him about it, the man arrogantly told her, that everything's possible if one knows the right string to pull. The nerve of the man.

Add to her predicament is her friend who's now giggling at her irritation. They are currently at the hotel lounge, waiting before they resume. She's lucky, she'd been able to escape Aldrich during lunch. At least she can have a two-hour break from his presence.

"I don't know what's gotten to that man", Xandie said still simmering on anger.

"Is he trying to irritate me to death?", she said glaring at Liza.

"You're not helping, you know".

Liza tries to contain her laughter but failed miserably. Maybe if they're not in a public place, she would have doubled over with laughter.

"I never thought that a smitten Aldrich Montoya is so entertaining to watch.", Liza said smiling widely.

"Hmmm...I don't know what he's up to."

"Maybe. He's just trying to win you back?"

"Huh!, I was never been his, so to speak", Xandie said, now more irritated.

"But you can't deny that he's after you"

"Well, he blew his chance"

"He's making it up now."

"He doesn't need to, if you'll ask me"

"That's not what he thinks. And why are you angry anyway, you still like him. Don't you think it's a good thing that he likes you too."

"He's so full of himself.....who is he to assume responsibility over me? I'm a grown woman and not a child. I can take care of myself and don't need him to scare away any unwanted attention"

"Well, darling, seems like, you got yourself a possessive playboy"

"I'm beginning to think that I don't like it now"

Liza started giggling again.

"Come now Xandie, you don't mean that"

Xandie just snorted at her friend.

"Anyway, you're doing the right thing. You're now doing rule number two as we speak"

"Huh?", Xandie asks bewildered.