Chapter 21: Rituals

I woke up with Benny beside me that morning. She was so peaceful, and so beautiful..

She had her forehead pressed up against my shirt, and I took the liberty of intertwining our legs together. It made us both feel safe. Her breathing was so slow and calm, I almost wanted to fall asleep again. I didn't though. Everything that just occurred ran like a racecar in my mind. Lars had kissed her. Kissed her!

Angry at the thought, i fervently placed a firm kiss on her forehead. She stirred and moaned a little. I just stared at her, admiring her like she was a treasure. To me, she was. My only friend in the world. Probably the only one I'll ever have.

"Harry..." Her faint whisper made me tilt my head down to see her eyes still closed, but her body still close to mine. I hugged her to keep the space between us closed.

I thought over and over about the fear in her eyes when she was tied up. It hurt me to see her like that, all because of me. For some reason, I felt something. I felt a weird and unfamiliar feeling, knowing that Benny had let me in...let me stay, regardless. She was still with me even now. Through it all...

Benny's tiny whimper made me pull her up closer to me so her head fell between in the crook of my neck comfortably. Soon, I felt my own eyes droop shut, the chatter and cheerful song of avian morning creatures-that would normally be my cue to get up-soothed me into at least a peaceful slumber.

Benny's POV:

I couldn't explain how happy I was to see Harry laying in front of me, his arms around me safely. I hadn't cuddled someone in so long.

I looked up to see his beautiful face. I've seen him sleeping a couple times. Take that as a compliment and not a creepy saying please? I almost had the urge to kiss him, his lips looked especially kissable right that moment, but I decided against it.

One thought still sat in my mind as I lay awake. Lars had asked if i was Harry's mate. That led me to think, was I? Was I this handsome strangers bonded partner? I doubted it, yet, some part of me almost wanted to be. Which was crazy right? A mate was forever, Harry and I barely knew each other 2 weeks. That's all it really takes though isnt it? Love? Was I in love with him? I looked up to Harry again and sighed softly, my hand gently tracing his cheekbone. I'm not sure if I was in love with him. Maybe it was my past that stopped me from that, or maybe it was the simple fact that I barely knew anything about him, other than he can turn into an adorable yet menacing wolf.

I placed a warm kiss on his cheek before slowly slipping out of his grip. When I turned to get off the bed I felt a grip on my wrist.

"Benny..don't leave..me.." I turned to see his sleepy half open eyes on mine. He looked so sexy let me tell you...

I smiled softly at him,"I have to take a shower Harry.."

"No," I gasped when he yanked on my wrist and pulled me ontop of him. As soon as I realized I was laying on his front I felt really warm, everywhere.

"Harr-" I was cut off again by the sweet sensation that was his lips. I was afraid to even move. He was kissing me while I was ontop of him, what was I supposed to do?

After the breath taking kiss he gave me a sleepy smile and started stroking my cheek with his thumb. "I won't let anything hurt you again. I promise Benny. I'll keep you safe.." I was struck at his words, all I could do was stare into his sleep filled eyes mixed with sincerity.

I found myself smiling back at him,"I know you will Harry.." I leaned down easily to meet his lips again in a soft kiss.

After pulling away, I heard a groan from Harry when I got up and stood on the ground. I bit my lip and ignored the thoughts that the noise had triggered.