Chapter 26: Dreams

~~~~~~~

"Thunder only happens when it's raining, players only love you when they're playing"

"Women, they will come and they will go"

"When the rain washes you clean, you'll know"

"You'll know"

~~~~~~~~

"All we had, and all we lost..."

"Finish raiding Niall's freezer?" I asked, arms crossed as I watched Harry walk in front of me.

All I got from him was a little chuckle, making him turn around to see me. For the first time in awhile he flashed me his fangs; long, sharp, and white canines that were sharpened, but still square, enough to rip through a deer hind. Not that I've tried doing that. Ew.

A shiver ran through me again the instant I saw them. He was smiling though, not snarling and prepared to tear me apart.

"Yes I am actually. It was good.." He licked his lips and smacked them like he had just eaten a Thanksgiving dinner, well, he did just eat a turkey.

"Is it like, a need for you to eat meat?" I asked, hiding the little bit of fear I had.

When I saw his long tongue slip itself over his white teeth he turned to face me and rubbed his nose,"No, not really. But when it's there, and I can smell it, I'm like a meat seeking missile!" He chuckled and jumped at me, making me squeal and jump back from my spot. My reaction made him laugh, was it really that hilarious when I got scared?

"Sorry sweetheart.." He purred and started leaning down my way, his arms coming out, then closing around my body slowly, his head tucked its own way ontop of my head.

"..I-It's..ok.." I hesitated. Harry's broad chest was right in front of me, so I saw it heave up, then back down in a heavy sigh. I clung to his shirt just a little. This was nice, I wasn't gonna lie. Really, ever since a few hours ago, I craved intimacy. It was just an after-sex thing I guess...but Harry's sigh got me thinking if that was really what it was. I tilted my head forwards to fit perfectly into the raised front of his neck, taking in his scent which was a real moment ruiner; meat. I didn't care though, his touch was all I really needed right now. Could I ask him now?

"Are you afraid of me?"

The question caught me completely off guard, I literally blinked my eyes open, not knowing they had closed. I shifted a little in Harry's arms and made my grip on Harry's t shirt tighter. "No.."

"You're lying.." He sighed again and started to pull away, but I didn't let him.

"I'm not Harry..really.." I mumbled against his skin, observing his tan complexion before placing a hesitant and quick kiss to the front of his neck. Harry's chest rumbled in pleasure after I did that, and by his jaw slightly moving from its position on my head, I could tell he was smiling. I smiled to.

With another heavy sigh, Harry kissed the very top of my head, his chin grazing my hair before he pulled away from me. I tilted my head up to meet his eyes. They were glassy, and I couldn't quite read his expression, it was almost..blank. Unconvinced maybe.

I twitched my eyebrows together in confusion. He just looked at me and gave me a quick corner-of-the-mouth smile before he turned on his heel and went into the living room.

I was getting real damn tired of this subtlety and this feeling of unknowing.

---------------------