Chapter 24: Rough Night?

A/N: (OH MY GOD I LOOKED AT MY PROFILE AND I SEE THIS STORY HAS FINALLY REACHED 1K. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU ALL MY LITTLE LOVELIES)

I was hesitant on letting Harry drive Junebug again, considering he almost wrecked her saving me from Lars, but since I sucked at driving, and I didn't know where we were going, Harry took the wheel.

I set my small bag of clothes and things like a toothbrush--which everyone needs--down in front of me, making the car seem a bit full with Harry's bag in front of me too.

"Why is your bag up here?" I asked and tried tugging on the handle.

Harry shrugged his shoulders, and I think I caught him wincing. "I dunno..just set it up there.."

I laughed and managed to pull it out from the space and threw it in the back,"Thanks for remembering me up here.."

Harry started the car after that, my eyes on the dash. But after we started to drive down the road my eyes started drifting towards him. He had my seat scooted back to accommodate his much bigger and taller body, which I noticed was a bit tense. His face was so focused for just driving. He must've had something on his mind, like I was gonna ask. Then again, I did just pour my heart out to him after having sex, I deserved to know some more things about him don't you think?

"So...uh.."

Harry chuckled before I even finished. "Go ahead babe..ask, I know you want to.."

"You never answered me before.." I said before turning my head in his direction.

"Yeah, I do that don't I?" Harry smirked and shrugged his shoulders, shooting me a glance.

I stared out the window, watching the small houses become sparse as we headed more out of town then I've been before. The tree number started increasing, and the lines of houses decreased/

"Well.." I started, looking down at my hands that sat on my lap. Suddenly I raised an arm to run a hand through my hair. I winced and immediatley put it down. Hopefully I wouldn't be trying to impress anyone with my fabulous messy hair. If only Harry let me take a 5 minute shower..

"I asked before you left if I was your mate. I remember you saying that you..had to mark me...make me yours..and..you did that. Right?" Almost subconsciously, I touched the side of my neck Harry had favorited by leaving sore bruises. I bit my lip to soften the slight sting of my touch against the marks.

"Sorry bout that.." Harry mumbled, half-sincerely.

I rolled my eyes with a small grin and  turned to him fully,"You're avoiding my question..am I your mate Harry?"

I kept my eyes on him, examining him and his facial features of any kind of indiaction for an answer, but all I got was a slight upturn of the lips. He was holding back, possibly. The whole expression was really confusing to be honest.

"I can't..really answer that.."

"What? You clearly made marks..here.." I softly whispered, running my fingertips over my neck and stopped at the start of my collar bone under the collar of my t shirt.

"No, I know that..it's just.." He heaved a heavy sigh, and I furrowed my eyebrows. He had to tell me, I was deadly curious, I mean I had to know if I was bound to life to him right? I at least had that rite to.

"If that was really how it worked then I would have more than you as a mate..more than I really should.." He trailed ofd in a mumble, turning away from me completely so his eyes were only on the road. My eyes softened and I looked him over quickly, his hands were now more tense than before, but that was all I could see. If he was angry now, or ashamed, he was doing a good job of hiding it.