Chapter 11: Peace

Harry bit his lip too, noticing how close we still were even after I had pulled away. Stuck in our own worlds, I hadn't noticed that our foreheads were now touching. The edge of Harry's beanie itched my head, but I didn't care. When Harry looked from my lips up to my eyes in a hungry manner, I physically was shivering.

I gulped.

"Harry give me Patches back.." I said, backing up one step. Harry flinched and looked at me like I had just struck him. He just took another step forward to close the distance between us, and put us back in our original position. I was getting furious now, feeling myself almost give in to those in between green and yellow eyes.

"Harold.." I growled out. That made Harry lean in a little more.

Our lips barely grazed each other before I pushed him back, narrowing my eyes at him. "Harry!! I mean it! Give him back to me!" I yelled. Harry's eyes looked blankly at me, the yellow dissipating and leaving the cool shade of green. I kept my eyes glued on his without melting at the sight.

Which took an insane amount of willpower to do.

Harry's eyes looked down to my Patches as he lowered his arm, looking the dog over. He stayed silent as he tossed him over. I gasped and caught my precious baby in my arms, clutching him to my chest. I kissed his head, then looked up at Harry. His expression wasn't quite describable. He looked emotionless almost, but, then again hurt. But he couldn't be, could he?

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled. I looked down to the tiled floor and bit my lip. Whether he was apologizing for stealing Patches, or almost kissing me, I wasn't sure. And I wasn't about to ask.

I decided to ignore the fact that our lips almost touched, and nod. "It's ok..um..your new clothes are upstairs Harry. If you want them.." I mumbled lowly just like he did, and turned around, still holding Patches to my quickly beating heart, and went upstairs.

Harry's POV:

I wanted to slap myself a million times. I wanted to bury my head in the sand like an ostrich. I wanted to hit myself in the arms, legs, chest. I wanted to kiss her.

But why would I even want to kiss her?

I ran a heavy hand through my hair, not caring if I slipped my beanie off. I expected my hair looked pretty rough, because after I ran a hand through it, I grabbed and tugged at it in frustration. I grunted out gutturaly before kicking the chair over in the kitchen. I felt my fangs begin to grow in my anger, and my eyes shifting into yellow. I looked up to the stairs through the doorway to see if Benny heard, but I was already out the door before I could find out.

Benny's POV:

As I stared at myself hard in the mirror, I heard a wooden crash down below. I gasped at the sound, and wiped a tear that started to form as I sprinted down the stairs. I looked around frantically for the source of the noise, then saw my kitchen chair toppled over, one leg now missing.

My lips parted as I spotted Harrys orange beanie on the ground right by the fridge. "Harry..." I whispered before picking it up in my hands, running my fingers through the thin material. I stared at the wide open door that led out to my backyard and out to town, and felt like my heart was being sunk and pulled down by a heavy anchor. It hurt.