fifteen

Harry sets the tray down, handing me my plate along with a new cup of milk. "Thank you." I mumble shyly.

His eyes shine on me brightly. "You're very well mannered." His compliment makes me blush. "I assume your brother is the opposite." He puts the tray on the table next to us, he sits down.

I bat my eyes reaching for the syrup. "If you met Joseph, you wouldn't even believe we are related."

He examines me closely, watching every small detail of what I do. "Is that so?"

I nod pouring the syrup onto my waffles. I hand it to him, he looks so relax. Our fingers brush, awakening every fiber in me. I sit still waiting for him to finish. He pours the syrup into a small puddle on the side of his waffles rather than onto. "What?"

Taken back by his question, I cut my food with my fork. "Nothing." Eating it slowly, absorbing the sweet taste. I lick my lips as the syrup sticks.

"I don't believe you." He says before popping a piece of waffle into his mouth.

Our eyes lock. "Believe me about what?"

He takes a deep breath unbuttoning his blazer sitting up straight leaning forward. I completely freeze, as he extends his hand forward. His thumb smooths over the corner of my lip. He wipes off the leftover syrup. "You're quiet again." He sits back down in his seat.

I blink. "You're very observant." grabbing a napkin to wipe my mouth.

He frowns. "Does that bother you?"

"Sometimes." I say truthfully.

"Forgive me." He mutters dipping a piece of his waffle into the puddle of syrup.

"Do you like it?" I ask feeling a bit worried.

"Very much, taste like a belgian waffle." He says gleefully surprising me.

I smile. "Are you a food critic?"

"I try not to be. My mum always said to never judge food, be grateful for what you have." He eats another piece.

"Sounds like her." I admit. Mrs. Styles didn't just teach ballet, she taught us manners just like a mother would, she taught us where the correct silverware went on a table. In a way, she felt like a strict mother. Daisy always joked that she'd kidnap us within a beat. Now all I see is a sad mother that lost her daughter.

We eat quietly, as more people come inside. A man asks Harry to move the tray, he apologizes to the guy removing the tray. He takes it back to the front making short conversation with another person. I finish up my waffle clearing up the table as Harry returns smiling.

"You're done already?" he looks down at my plate.

I nod picking up the little container of strawberries.

"This is absolutely delicious. Don't tell Martha." He laughs, picking his fork back up.

"Your secret is safe with me." I say popping a strawberry into my mouth. He looks up at me with dazzling eyes.

"So," He makes himself comfortable. "What does your mum do?"

God, he is so straight forward with all his questions, giving me no time to ask him anything.

"She works at a hospital downtown." I set the strawberries down. "She works most days, and picks up extra shifts." I reach for a napkin to wipe my hands.

He nods tapping his finger on the table. "I see, well I recommend you apply for the internship. It'd be a massive win."

I rest my hands on my lap underneath the table. "Did I mention you are also very persistent?" My tone is mistakenly offensive.