Part 7.

I woke up the next morning nuzzled against Beck's chest, his alarm echoing in the small trailer.

He awoke slowly, smiling when he realized I was still lying right there next to him.

"Morning" He said gruffly through his morning voice.

"Morning" I said back.

"Do you need me to drive you home to get clothes before play Practice today?" He asked now getting out of bed.

"Um I can't" I replied, hoping he wouldn't push for me to say more.

"Okay. Well you Can take one of my shirts or something if you need" he smiled sweetly. As if to say 'you can tell me when you're ready'

I walked over to his dresser and pulled out a long-sleeved black tee that I thought may look nice.

Beck turned around and covered his eyes so I could get dressed. For some reason this struck me as particularly kind. Most of the guys I'd known hadn't had that kind of respect or dignity.

Once I was dressed he walked over to the dresser and took his shirt off. He was like a Greek God. Perfectly sculpted. Making me feel even less worthy of being around him.

"Should we get coffee on the way?" He asked as we left his trailer.

"What do you think?" I asked rhetorically.

When we pulled up at Jet Brew and we're standing in line, Beck has his arm around me keeping me close to him. Protective. Warm.

We walked into school together, warranting stares from some of the preppy girls that had been obsessing over Beck.

In high school there tends to be this idea of "fresh meat" when a new boy starts during the school year. All the girls immediately have crushes on him and all the boys want to impress them with just how "jock" they really were. But Beck was different. He wasn't interested in the petty bullshit or the ego trip like all the others before.

He walked me to my locker and gave me a discreet kiss on the cheek before heading back home. I mentally cursed myself at having signed up for a play that warranted rehearsals every Saturday but after all that happened with Beck. Things were finally going well.