Chapter 7

Just a quick note! For anyone that is wondering about my updating schedule, I don't really have a set-schedule. It depends on my circumstances, how busy I am, etc. But I usually note when my next update will be at the end of every chapter so if you're ever wondering, just have a look at the end.

Anyways, here is an update... finally!!! I know I said Monday or Tuesday but I finished it early for you guys. :P

Happy reading, lovelies :)

~~

Alessandro

I couldn't resist the urge.

Her lips were rosy due to nervousness and they were perfectly parted, the desire written all over her beautiful face.

I had watched her from a distance for the past week and I had admired everything about her. Looking into her room at night and seeing her peacefully sleeping. Catching her in the corner of my eye each time she would enter a room. Thinking about her shy smile whenever my mind was free.

I couldn't take it anymore. I needed her... whether she was part of Antonio or not, I needed her.

And I knew that she needed me too.

"Sir..." Her voice was broken and her eyes were shocked to the core at my abrupt words. I noticed the way her throat bobbed in a single gulp, her eyes trapped by mine. It made me feel proud in my position. I had all the power and I knew it. I knew she'd give in sooner or later.

"Don't hide your feelings, Eva." I cooed at her, slowly tucking a few loose strands of hair behind her ear and letting my fingers wander around her chin. My lips were practically against her. One slight movement and her mouth would be pressed against mine. "I know you want to."

Her eyes were like windows to her soul. They were delicate and light - yet I saw the need in them. The urge to give in. The urge to do what I had instructed. I could also see it in the way her eyes kept darting to my lips, her own pressing against each other occasionally. "I can't do this.... we can't do this."

"Why not, Eva?"

Her mouth opened to speak but nothing came out. Just her slow, dragged out breathing that had seemed to come to a stop. My eyebrow raised towards her and she shook her head. Her voice came out hushed and almost silent. "We just can't."

Every inch of my being fought to resist the urge to kiss her without her permission — to steal her away and make her mine. It was all that I wanted in that one moment. But I knew that the tension of the situation wasn't settling well with her. So I unblocked her body, freed her from my hold and began to back away with my eyes hooded and still focused on her stiff body. "Don't worry. I'll get that kiss another time." I told her with a cheeky look on my face. "Goodnight Eva.."

And then I left the room — the effect of my presence still thick in the air that surrounded my shy little girl.

Eva

He had every power over me.

Every single little thing he said... every single time his fingers touched my face, I felt as though I could drop into his arms and lay there forever.  Savour his masculine scent and kiss those lips of his.

Oh, how I wanted to kiss them.

But I knew that I couldn't. I knew that I couldn't give myself to him that easily.

He was a selfish man. A monster that would feed on me and then leave me for dead. And I wasn't willing to be treated like that — whether it was Alessandro Bellini or not.