Chapter 24

2 days.... I'm a woman of my word ;)
Ahahaha happy reading guys!

~~

Eva

My paintbrush danced along the paper for the final time. A wide smile spread across my face at my masterpiece. My mother. Her neutral facial expression glistened on the page and I noticed how even through a painting, her love could be felt.

"Wow!" Maria gushed from behind me, walking closer and gazing at the painting. Everyone was gathered in the room; they insisted watching me finish. Even Arianna was laying down on my bed and watching, her glowing eyes focused on how the paintbrush was moving.

"It's beautiful," Rosie spoke with her hand laying on my shoulder and smiling towards the painting. "A spitting image of you."

A warm feeling spread across my chest whenever someone would compare me to my mother. I felt proud to be her daughter... to look like her, and possess the same traits as her. It made me feel closer to her, knowing that I had the same nature as she did.

"What was your mother called?" Paulo asked with an expression of interest on his face.

"Danielle." I told them softly with a nostalgic smile.

"Well I'm sure she's watching over you right now, immensely proud of the woman that you've become." Maria added with a smile in my direction.

I'm proud of you too, Mum...

Arianna wandered over and stood infront of the painting, gazing up at me with her usual sparkling eyes. "Where are you going to put it?"

I thought for a moment and looked around the room. There was a place infront of my bed on the wall; it meant that I could see her face before sleeping at night. And the mere thought made my heart burst in my heart. "Over there." I motioned towards the place on the wall, picking the painting up and holding it against the empty space.

Everyone looked towards where I was standing and they smiled contently.

"Perfetto!" Maria exclaimed with her hands clapping together.

The atmosphere was good. It was warm and loving and I couldn't help but bathe in the positive emotions that ran through my veins. There wasn't a single thing that can ruin my mood — or at least that I could think of.

Alessandro had gone with his men to get Leon back a couple of hours ago. Though everyone was slightly nervous due to the possibilities, we were distracting ourselves, making sure Arianna didn't have to experience the trauma.

She had suggested finishing my painting and everyone was more than happy to watch. It felt good to have them around me — Arianna, Rosie, Maria, Paulo... they were like family.

Maria and Paulo has welcomed me into their hearts and I couldn't be more thankful for how they'd treated me. They had taken an interest in my mother and they'd comforted me, and made me feel like I belonged here.

Right here, right now... I felt happy. Truly happy.

"I'll get someone to put it up for you." Rosie said to me, observing the painting once again as she walked over.

I nodded my head and gave her a wide smile.

"What time is it?" I questioned with my eyebrows furrowed in every direction possible, waiting for someone to respond.

Paulo gazed at his wrist-watch and then looked back up. "Nearly 8."

I turned my head towards Arianna and wiggled my eyebrows. "It's time for your bedtime."