eighth

I woke up to the sound of my alarm, only having a few hours of sleep always made me feel grumpy. I got ready for school, not being in the mood for anything today. I was just so tired.

I went in my class and realized that only a few students were in. There was still like 30 minutes before class starts, so I saw this as a great opportunity to have a quick nap.

Jungkook's Point of View:

I was walking down the school halls when I passed by one of the classrooms. I saw Mina sleeping so soundly. I didn't realize that I was smiling to myself after someone poked my cheek.

" What you looking at? " I turned around and saw Yugyeom, drinking chocolate milk. This kid literally has a weird obsession with chocolate. He looked at the direction I was staring at before, and a wide grin was seen on his face. Oh god, he's gonna tease me for the rest of my life now.

" Ooooh, looks like our Kooks has a little crush, hmm? " He laughed at me teasingly, I just rolled my eyes and told him to shut up before going to my classroom.

Mina's Point of View:

It was lunch time, I fixed my things before going to the cafeteria. I sat down with Hyeri who was already talking to the boys. " Hey guys. " I said, giving them a weak smile.

" You okay? " Hyeri asked, she was obviously concerned. " I'm fine, just a bit tired. " I gave her a reassuring smile and took out one of my books and started studying. " You know, you really shouldn't overwork yourself. Relax a bit. " Hyeri said as she pat my back.

" You already know that I can't just 'relax' " She just sighed, knowing that whatever she would try to do, she could never convince me to stop overworking myself. " Why? Is there a problem? " Jimin asked. " No, there's absolutely no problem. " I replied.

I needed to stay on top to make my parents proud. Especially my step mother. I was obviously a daddy's girl. After my parents were divorced, my father got so depressed. He was so happy to meet someone new, and in the end he married my now so-called step mother.

I never liked her one bit, she always pressured me to be someone I didn't want to be. But if it was for my father, I had to do everything. Whenever my father went on business trips, I was often physically abused by my step mom. Hyeri was the only one who knew about all this. She was the only person I could trust.

But now, I'm finally living alone in this neighborhood. After leaving my parents, everything just felt right. I was free from the abuse, but the pressure was still there. My step mom would sometimes text me, informing me that I should focus on my studies and not on anything else.

I do know one thing's for sure, she was only with my father for the money. My father actually owns a very successful company, but I never took advantage of it. She never cared, nor loved him. Hell, she even has a daughter. She was a single mother before meeting my father. The father was one of my father's best friends. They were close because their companies would work together often. But after his friend knew that she was cheating on him with my father, he wanted to have a divorce.

What's worse is that my father never knew that my step mom cheated. I've never met her daughter and I will surely never plan on meeting her. But she threatened me after I found out about her dirty secrets. Saying that if I told my father, she would leave him. And if she ever left him, he would just become depressed again.

I can't let that happen.