[82] Much Awaited Holidays

Life at the Burrow in Summer Break is a bit tiring with all the work sent our way (consequence of living in a large family), but it is honestly nothing short of entertaining. And this once there was another hype taking over the usual excitement; the Quidditch World Cup.

Fred and George had more ideas up their sleeve than ever regarding the joke shop they were set on opening n future. The Weasley Wizard Wheezes. I have to give them that much credit that the name is fitting for a joke shop.

And with the world cup approaching, nearly everyone was subjected to the chaos of excitement. Dad had bought the tickets last night and had sent off a letter to the Dursleys in order to get their permission for bringing Harry along with us.

It was the first time I would be going to a public Wizarding event and of course I was just as excited as Ron who was wearing his Chudley Canons jumper today in support of his favorite team.

The twins however were confident that the Canons weren't that good a team as Ron thought. But guess we'll see that later.

Bill and Charlie arrived this morning too so the Burrow was full to its max. It's actually real good to see them again. At first of course they were interested in hearing about our eventful school year.

I suppose Dad will be going to get Harry today. Harry had written to Ron telling him that his Uncle agreed immediately on letting him stay with the Weasleys after he mentioned his Godfather who was a criminal on the loose.

Good for him, he's finally got a threat that is intimidating enough for the revolting Dursleys. I wonder how he was still alive after all the undernourishment and ill treatment.

Near afternoon, Dad, Ron and the twins set off to get Harry from Number 4, Privet Drive. They had temporarily connected the Dursley's chimney to the Floo Network but I really do hope they might have informed the Dursleys. Because as far as I know, people emerging from chimneys is a nightmare for Muggles. Until or unless that person is Santa, of course.

When they were all gone, I went to the kitchen to help Mom with the feast. Of course, now that we had the whole family in the feast will have to be special and larger.

"Katerina, dear, would you just stir this please," Mom handed me a bowl of flour and a stirrer, "we'll be needing more buns tonight."

As I stirred the flour she kept instructing me and talking about how she was looking forward to having Harry at the Burrow again. That's one thing about Mom I most adore; she treats everyone like her own kids even when they aren't.

I was setting the dishes when Fred, George, Ron and Harry emerged from the fireplace. They were covered in soot as usual but the twins were laughing their heads off which clearly indicated their visit had been unforgettable.

"Hello Harry," I smiled at him as he waved. He too had a large smile on his face. Now I do want to know what had happened at the Dursley's place.

I approached the twins who were still laughing as if whatever they had witnessed was undoubtedly hilarious, "what trouble did you to cook up this time?"

"It wasn't trouble," Fred remarked, "it was a science experiment."

Science experiment?

George took out a handful of candies from his pocket, "these candies you see here are normal candies." Then he fished out a purple colored one, "and this one is an abnormal candy manufactured in the laboratory of Weasley and Weasley certified since 1984."

"Alright, what does it do?" I asked curious about what was so special about their laboratory assorted candy.

"It makes the consumer's tongue weigh about a tonne and that's why it's called Ton-Tongue candy."

"And you haven't yet heard the best part," they had large goofy smiles plastered on their faces so I'm assuming they had chosen a subject to experiment on, "we tried these on Harry's cousin."

They what?

"You tried your inventions on a Muggle?" we all turned around because we knew the angry voice all too well.

Mom heard us and now all of us are going to be in hot water for a while.

"That's why Dad isn't here, he's probably trying to fix the tongue up," Ron spoke.

Mom looked furious, "first you take a flying car to a Muggle neighborhood and then this year you use a horrible candy on Harry's cousin! No wonder, the Dursleys detest magic. It's because of you both. And you Ronald, how many times do I have to tell you not to aid the twins in any of their mischief and yet..."

"Mum it wasn't my fault," Ron protested, "I hadn't done anything at all, it was all their idea!"

Soon after, Dad too stepped out of the fireplace, his face getting redder than his own hair color. On asking, he angrily explained that Dudley's tongue grew to be four feet long and turned purple before he was allowed to fix it. "This incident could undermine the muggle-wizard relations I have been working so hard to improve," he spoke.

His anger didn't subside even after the twins told him they did it because Dudley bullies Harry. And trust me, that's a rare sight to see.

All the anger in the atmosphere vanished way afterwards at dinner time. Bill and Charlie had set the tables in the backyard and we all brought the dishes.

After dinner and a cup of hot cocoa each, we went off to beds all in a much good mood than I had initially expected.

And as I climbed into bed, even though my brain was whirring with many thoughts as usual, there was a thought which seemed most significant.

The one thing which I have learnt from life so far... Is never to expect anything. Always expect the unexpected. Miracles happen. Impossible becomes unpreventable. Dreams come true... And so do nightmares.

***