Chapter 8: The Girl from the Sea

On the first week of school, some students are amazed by the skills of Kyuzo in every class she attends, even she gets straight A grades in every dishes she made, her classmates are totally dragged into the strong aroma of the food. Unexpectedly, Kyuzo becomes very famous and of course, her rivals are getting more.

The next day, while walking down the hallway to the next class, a young girl accidentally bump on to Kyuzo and Atago, papers and books fell all over the floor as she panics. "I am very sorry, sorry sorry sorry!!" She bends down to pick up her books and papers as they give her a hand, "There you go." The student thanks to her and rushes down the hallway, Atago get triggers, "Seriously, she better look where she is going, what a fussy person." 

"You know her? The same student from our year?" Kyuzo is curious to know as she listens carefully. "That student we just bump into, her name is Megumi Tadokoro in the same year with us. I heard that she is from the coast of Japan far from Tokyo where Anko fish are found, actually she just managed to get into First Year after her Junior High, she previous grades are mostly... umm... how can I say about that?" Looking from her depressing expression, Kyuzo knows what she wants to say. "All grade Es?" "Yes, that's why, she received a warning letter by the first day of school, if she still fails in the coming assessments or courses, she will be expelled." Hear from what Atago said, Kyuzo get more interest to that student.

Later then in a classroom, the students are separated into groups of three, in such coincidence, Megumi is in the same group with Kyuzo. While all students are changed in their chef uniform, waiting for their instructor,  some of the classmates who don't know Kyuzo stare at her. "Look, is the transfer student." "I doubt she will get a low grade, good of nothing." "Well see if she can survive this assessment."

Ignoring the words, Atago finds Megumi is sitting on the floor. "You are Megumi Tadokoro, right? Why you are writing 'Man' in Kanji on your hand plum?" "Eh! Umm... well so I won't be getting nervous." "But why?" Kyuzo asks.