Chapter 9: The First Lesson

Before Megumi replies, the classroom door slides open, a tall strict looking man enters while Atago and Megumi feel a sharp freeze in their bones. The teacher put down his note board and face his way to the students, Megumi let out a small chill in her bones. "Is Chef Roland Chapelle, one of the strictest teachers in the academy, he's also known as the Chef who never smiles." "Eh? But he is also a great teacher too as I heard, he does worry our grades as we progress." *Kyuzo knock Atago's head* (Shush, pay attention, will you?) (Sorry.)

After the basic brief from Chef Chapelle, Kuyzo notices the dish name on the whiteboard. "Boeuf... Bourguignon, a renown dish in France." As the whole class get to their stations and start to cook within 2 hours, as the process goes on, Kyuzo seems steady on preparing every necessary ingredient as Atago making the sauce as well Megumi tendering the beef, not so long, they fill in the pot and start the stewing process. "Phew, just in time, we still got 1 hour 15 minutes to go, so don't worry Megumi, we will finish on time." Megumi feels relief that she join in this group. Soon as they come back from washing their hands return to their station, Megumi screams as Atago rushes to her and found the lid has half-covered, she opens the lid and found a huge substance of white powder on the beef, Kuyzo takes a slip, "It's salt." She turns and sees two male students smirking from the corner, Megumi starts to cry, "What we are going to do? The meat is totally destroyed as we don't have time to redo another one... I am so sorry mother, I can't pass as I am failing." *tears in her eyes*

Then Kuyzo comes back with a tray of spare ingredients, "I asked for some remaining ingredients, but we could still make it on time." "But... there is no such time..." *Atago put her hand on Megumi's shoulder* "Trust her, she never took a step back." From darkness to a sight of light, they work even faster than ever, Atago takes one of the knife from her casing and slice like a professional, Megumi stuns to see. "Megumi, don't freeze in the middle of the time, come here help me with the meat." "Ah! Sorry Kuyzo-san, right away." They just finish tenderising the meat and start firing up amazing teamwork.

5 more minutes to the end, the two male students almost finish theirs as they hope Kuyzo fail the task, but... "Sorry for waiting Chef Chapelle, our dish is coming up to present." Kuyzo, Atago and Megumi step towards to the instructor desk and lay down their dish. The two students are shocked to believe how they can finish it in a short time. Chef Chapelle put the fork on the beef and astonishing find out the beef is well tender as the juice springing from it, "I recall that your team had an accident, how could you tenderise it very quickly?" *Kuyzo picks up a jar of honey and a bag of baking soda* "The answers are the honey and baking soda, they are well acidic marinades and great use as enzymes to break down protein in the meat." "Hmm, you said it right, now let's see it is inside cooked." He takes a knife and cut the meat, *the fat of the meat pours down to the plate* "Goodness gracious me, well cooked and fine medium raw colour, perfect." Megumi turns to Atago, "Are you both really sure the meat is fine?" *Atago cut a piece for her* "Of course we are sure, here, take a bite." As Chef Chapelle and Megumi take a bite, the meat instantly melts in their mouth with the sauce and fat, it changes like to a soup with cream and herbs in it. "C'est magnifique! *This is magnificent*" The whole class are very surprised that he smiles for the first time, he puts down the cutleries, "Mifune Kuyzo, Azur Atago, and Tadakoro Megumi, you all get A's, but it is such a regret that I don't have the authority to rank you three with a higher grade, excellent job today." *They bow* "Thank you very much, Chef Chapelle!" And guess what happens to those male students, they got E's of course.

After the class, the class change back to their uniform and leave the classroom, Kuyzo and Atago walk down to the public square as Megumi shouting their names as she catching up with them. *Panting hardly* "Haa..haa... Kuyzo-san, just now without your help, I wouldn't be able to pass, I really want to give my thanks to you." "Is all fine, actually you did face your difficulties." Kuyzo lends a hand, "Want to go back to the dorm with us?" *Megumi holds her hand* "Sure." Under the blazing evening sunlight, they walk under it on their way to the dorm. "Kuyzo-san, Atago-san, which dorm are you in?" Megumi suddenly asks them. "Actually we both live in a mansion in this academy, but I will visit yours in every weekend, how about that?" *Atago turns in* "You got to taste one of Kuyzo-sama's new made chocolate truffles, we can bring it tomorrow class for you." Megumi smiles happily, "That's would be great, thank you."

***************************************************

Notes:

Thank you for supporting readers, sorry due to works and assessments, but I will try my best to update it as possible. Once more, thank you.