Chapter Thirty-One

i stared at Lily's terrified face as i clenched my jaw.

"you're not going anywhere." Brandon said. "Ashlyn, you and Luke will walk back to your room, or Lily will die."

"why? you're just going to kill her anyway." i spat.

"oh no." he looked at me and smiled evilly. "I'm going to give you and her a chance to live. just like every other person who tries to escape."

"and what about Luke?" i said through gritted teeth.

"he'll get his chance too." he made a considering face. "though I'm not sure how. fighting you, his girlfriend, to the death, or watching you die slowly on the stage and then being locked up for the rest of his life."

"you're twisted." i said.

"and your not? Rose, the faceless queen?"

"i admit i had it coming. so did all the other men who have died by my hands. but i will tell you now. i didn't take innocent girls, and turn them into sluts and monsters. i didn't do any of that to innocent people. the people i did it to, had it coming."

"and what about Lily?" he asked.

"she was innocent." i hissed.

"are you so sure?" i looked at Lily and horror filled her eyes. "did she tell you?"

"yes she did." i said, knowing Lily didn't want whatever it was, spread around.

"oh really? then say it." he looked at me through narrowed eyes. i clenched my jaw. "see? she didn't tell you."

i looked away, hating that there was no escaping this. the truth of whatever Lily did. i turned back to Lily and met her gaze.

"she used to be an assassin under cover. that's why she's a doctor now. she knew enough about the human body, so she knew how to kill her targets." i looked at Lily. she bit her lip and closed her eyes, tears rolling down her rosy cheeks. her mascara was smeared and ran down, making tear tracks.

"i don't care." i stated. "she obviously regrets it. look at her. that's enough for me."

"oh really?" Brandon's eyes widened. "well, none of this changes anything. go on, Ashlyn lead the way back to your room. Luke you follow. or i'll shoot Lily."

i shot daggers at Brandon as i walked by, following the hallways i had taken from my room. Luke followed close behind me as we passed the arena. i glanced into it. there was blood staining the dirt a deep auburn red and in the corner sat the stage, with the blood soaked concrete beneath it. i shivered.

i stepped into my room and turned around, watching Luke step in behind me and Brandon with Lily, the gun still pressed against her head.

in one quick motion, Brandon let go of Lily and aimed the gun at me.

"take everything off of her except her underwear. i know you have clothes she can have." my mouth dropped open and he gestured to her. i stepped to her and with my mouth in an angry line, started to strip Lily.

"Luke, you too. toss your weapons out here in the hallway, and give me your clothes." Luke, a little less shy started to strip. he tossed grenades, pistols, magazines, and knives into the hallway behind Brandon as he took off his leather jacket, bulletproof vest, and t shirt. he then kicked off his boots and took off his jeans.

"let me see your pants. you can keep those, so you don't get cold." he winked. he examined Luke's pants to make sure nothing was in the pockets or hidden in them, then tossed them back to him. Luke put his jeans back on, leaving him shirtless. Lily stood in her underwear and bra, her arms crossed over her stomach. she wasn't super duper skinny, but she wasn't the least chubby either. she just wasn't muscular. i was muscular, which gave me my flat and perfect stomach.

i glared at Brandon as he closed the door and locked it. the magnetic bolt locking in place. i turned into the closet to find Lily a t shirt and sweatpants. she put them on then turned to me.

"let's make sure you didn't rip anything open." she said. a few of my slashes had needed stitches, not many but a few. i took off my dress, leaving my in my bra and underwear. and before she did anything, i put on a pair of sweatpants, making it more comfortable.

i sat on a stool and Luke sat next to me on the couch's arm rest. Lily unwrapped the bandages and looked at my back. she clucked her tongue.

"you ripped open stitches in two of your slashes." she said.

"wait, what?" Luke barked, jumping up to look at my back. i flinched as a flower vase went flying across the room, smashing to a million pieces.

"SON OF A BITCH!" he screamed. "DID BRANDON DO THIS TO YOU?!"

"yes." i whispered. i could feel the rage pouring off of him. he stepped in front of me and lifted my chin.

"i suppose this is his doing to?" he snapped, looking at the mark going from my hairline, across my nose to my jaw line on the other side of my face. i just nodded.

"you should have seen her though." Lily said proudly. "she took forty lashes, forty-one including the one on her face and she didn't flinch once. I've honestly never seen Brandon more scared."

he looked at Lily, then back at me.

"well, besides this morning. then, he realized he was never going to make Ash do anything." she chuckled. "the terror on his face was priceless."

"what happened this morning?" he asked, slowly calming down, even though his eyes still flashed.

"Brandon tried to make her eat breakfast with him. when he told her to be quiet and she did, he put his finger on her lips and told her 'i guess you can obey' or something like that. then she bit his finger, and peeled off the skin to the point to could see bone."

Luke chuckled and looking into my eyes.

"you did that?" he asked. i nodded and flinched as the alcohol flushed out my slashes. it was harder to keep a straight face when i wasn't expecting it.

"I'm going to kill him for what he did to you." he said quietly.

"oh trust me, babe. i'll be right there with you." my eyes flashed dangerously and Luke smiled.

"I'm sure you will."

"i'll rip his throat out." i growled.

"that's my girl." he cooed and kissed my forehead, avoiding the slash that was still sore.

_____________________

hey y'all! i hope you're enjoying the book so far!

i saw today, that it was rated #232 in red!!! I'm not sure how many books are in red but, i hope it's a lot, because that would make it even better than it is! let's make that number go up!!

so don't forget to vote and comment!!  super excited!!!

sillylovebug432