Chapter Forty-Three

I rode my bike past a car and spotted a traffic jam ahead. I drove through all the cars, just barely missing them. When i got close to the airport, i turned and jumped a curb. I rode over the grass before going down onto the pavement. I slammed on my breaks and stopped my bike. I turned it off and jogged for the door. I would have sprinted, but i was trying to blend in.

I got to the door and white knuckled the handle, yanking it open. I strode towards the desk and the lady behind it saw me and smiled warmly. Uhg.

"Hi! Welcome to-"

"I'm looking for my boyfriend. This is him." I cut her off and showed her the picture. A flash of annoyance went through her eyes, but she answered.

"He got on a plane for Seattle." She said.

"But wasn't his flight delayed?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"Yes. He got a ticket for L.A but it was delayed for two days because of technical difficulties. he then came back and bought a ticket to Seattle with cash and got on the plane."

"so he did leave then?" i asked. she nodded, a bored expression written on her face. the sneaky bastard. he used his credit card and then cash knowing i would follow him.

"shit." i muttered, turning in a circle and looking all over the airport. i turned back to her.

"when's the next flight for Seattle?" i asked. she blinked and looked down at her computer, clicking and scrolling.

"next week." she said. "do you want me to book you a ticket?"

"no." i sighed, running my fingers through my hair frustrated. "would it be possible to rent a private jet there?"

"yes. it'll be.." she squinted at the screen and then backed her face up, raising her eyebrows.  "$200,000."

"isn't there a cheaper one?" i asked.

"no. we don't have middle class private jets, unlike other airports. we only have first class."

i nodded.

"i'll take it. i'll be leaving as soon as possible. can i leave late tonight?" she nodded and scanned my credit card.

"the plane is ready now, so you can leave whenever you'd like."

"ok, thanks." i said, snatching my card and turning away. i pulled my phone from my pocket and dialed Noah.

"sorry, we lost him." he answered.

"i know. he went back and paid in cash for a flight to Seattle. i just got a private jet there and we can leave as soon as you get here."

"got it, on my way." he hung up and i went over to sit in one of the waiting chairs and played on my phone.

___________________

Noah finally appeared in the door, holding two duffle bags and he walked towards me. i stepped over to the lady who i had talked to before.

"I'm ready to go." i said. she nodded and picked up the desk phone, dialing. after her call of telling the pilot or flight crew or whoever to get the jet on the runway, the led me and Noah to the plane. we boarded and strapped ourselves in. i was going to get Luke back if it was the last thing i did. and i would slaughter anyone who stood in my way.

____________________

i woke up to Noah shaking my shoulder and i stood up. i followed him quickly off the plane and glanced around. Seattle stretched out in front of me, and he could be anywhere. hell, he could've gotten on a plane to another part of the world for all i know.

we stepped into the airport and went over to the desk. a guy stood behind it, filing his polished pink fingernails. he had thick black lashes and winged eyeliner. I'm not sure whether to say he was trans-gender or gay. (A/N i don't want to offend anyone who's gay, lesbian or trans gender. i think people should be who they are, no matter what.) :)

"hi, can i help you?" he looked at us and spoke in a sassy voice. he could be a runway model with his sass.

"I'm looking for a friend. he got off a plane a few hours ago."

"I'm sorry, i can't give out that information."

"well, just between you and me? this is his boyfriend," i said, gesturing to Noah. "and they had a fight. so he ran off, upset and we're trying to find him."

the man looked back at Noah and his eyebrows rose. his eyes scanned down Noah's body and i had to bite my cheek to keep myself from laughing.

"i see. what did he look like?" he asked. i showed him the picture and he nodded. "yes. i saw him."

"did he get on another plane or did he stay here?"

"he stayed here."

"is there another airport he could've gone to?" his eyebrows knit together in confusion, but he answered.

"no. all the other airports are closed at the moment. this is the only twenty-four hour one in Seattle."

"thank you. you've been a big help." he nodded.

"oh hey. if this big guy doesn't get his boyfriend back, have him call me." he handed me a piece of paper with his number written on it and winked at Noah over my shoulder. i bit my cheek again.

"will do."

i followed Noah outside and he looked at me.

"by the way, i did not appreciate you telling him i was gay. and that i was dating your boyfriend." i couldn't hold it in any longer and burst out laughing. he frowned, looking down at me.

"come on. we have to find him." he said. i sobered and nodded. we went over to the security office and went into it. we went through the security tapes, watching for Luke to leave to airport. we watched four hours of security. taxi cabs zoomed in and out as people got in and out. the flow of people slowly started to form into a small group and then into a few people every few minutes.

"there." i said, pointing at a figure on the screen. Luke stood, waving for a taxi. he looked up at the security camera and gave himself away. he got in the cab and the cab took off, heading downtown. well, we've got a start.

_________________

hey y'all!! hope you're enjoying the book so far!!

don't forget to vote and comment!!

<3 sillylovebug432