Chapter Seventeen

Hey, my awesome READERS!

WARNING: This chapter may contain some mild mature content. Read at your own risk.

This time when he bent to kiss her it was different

This time when he bent to kiss her it was different. The kiss was intense; more passionate than anything she’d remembered before. Annie reached up and ran her fingers through his thick hair.

Reon

She pushed away from him, just the thought of their son. It didn’t matter if he was sleeping in the other room or he couldn’t hear them. She turned away, her breath coming fast and her heart pounding against her chest.

“Annie,” he whispered. “I’m sorry.”

Why the hell was he apologizing? She wanted this: needed this. She was still in love with Andy.

Took you long enough. A tiny voice said in her head. Yes, she loved him; no denying it.

“I should not have done that,” he husked.

What? Something inside her heart shifted when he said those words. Why wasn‘t he taking her into his arms and devouring her?

Andy let go of her before turning away. He walked towards the window. Annie didn’t hesitate, she followed. 

Darkness blanketed outside the window, and the only sounds she heard was the crickets singing their nightly tune. Taking a deep breath, she touched his shoulder. 

Andy felt the warmth of her palms on his shoulder. He didn‘t turn around right away. Was this the right thing to do? He asked himself. He knew he loved her; always loved her, but he wasn’t ready to say it out loud. He heard movement behind him. Was she leaving? No, he couldn’t allow that. 

God. His heart was pounding as if it was his first time. He wanted to laugh at his own nervousness. Shaking his head, he spun around to see Annie walking back to the room where Reon slept.

He was such an ass. Here was a woman—beautiful woman who was giving herself to him—wanting him, and he—

He wanted her too. This was Annie—his Annie. With long steps, he caught up to her. “Annie?”

Annie turned slowly as if facing him would reveal what she truly felt for him, feelings she didn’t want to—admit to herself?

 “You are making this hard for me,” she whispered.

“You do things to me,” he whispered back to her. “Annie I—”

“Don’t say it.” She ducked her head.

“How do you know what I will say?”

“You don’t want—”

“Yes, I want you,” he cut off her words.

Ignoring the relief that flashed through her gut, she smiled when Andy took her lips in a passionate kiss. She was almost swaying on her feet when he whispered her name.