Chapter Five: The Engagement Party

Olivia smiled as she greeted by yet another of her brother’s friends, they had all gathered together for Andrew and Melissa’s engagement party.

It had been a week since she had told her mother that she had slept with Lionel, and so far it had been difficult to avoid him when Sage wanted them all to spend time together.

Glancing carefully over at Sage and Lionel, the brunette couldn’t help but notice how bored the footballer looked as her sister spoke at him.

Olivia held back a frown at his sister’s choice of dress for the party, it didn’t look right on her nor was it appropriate for a fancy restaurant; Sage was wearing a red scuba peplum zip dress that hugged her in the wrong places.

Olivia forced a smile to her face as Gavin wrapped his arm around her waist as he returned to her side; the brunette was sticking to water since she had a photo shoot for Adidas the following day.

Olivia was wearing a navy belted swing dress paired with embellished studded T-bar sandals and a sequin embellished clutch bag that she had bought while she was in New York.

The brunette pressed a kiss to Gavin’s cheek making him smile at her; she had been very affectionate with him as of late but he didn’t mind not while his friends from work where here.

“This is nice,” Gavin commented making the brunette nod as they circulated the room greeting people; though Olivia made sure they didn’t approach Lionel, she wasn’t going to fall into that trap.

“It is,” Olivia agreed as they made their way to their seats; they were sitting close to Melissa, thanks to Nina who had helped set up the seating plan.

It kept Olivia far from Lionel since Nina worried that the footballer wouldn’t be able to resist temptation and Olivia was in the perfect relationship with Gavin.

Olivia quickly avoided Lionel’s attempt to catch her eye as she turned to talk with her boyfriend, who was thrilled that she seemed interested in his work as of late like a good girlfriend should be.

“Are you okay?” Melissa asked as she looked at her future sister-in-law, there was something different about the model and she couldn’t put her finger on it.

Olivia nodded as she smiled, a lot of people had been asking her that recently and she didn’t know why; she didn’t feel any different and it had been six weeks since she had slept with Lionel.

The brunette was sure that if there was something had happened during her one night stand that she would have noticed by now; however she felt fine and she wasn’t going to let anything get her down.

“Never better,” Olivia replied as Melissa looked at her unbelievingly, she nodded her head knowing that whatever it was it was probably between her and Gavin and was private.

Andrew smiled at his fiancée as he sat down next to her; Melissa smiled up at him and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips, their wedding couldn’t come sooner and they were so happy.

“That’ll be us one day,” Gavin said softly into Olivia’s ear, she forced smiled at him as she turned and pressed a kiss to his lips; she wanted nothing more than to have a family one day but she didn’t know if she wanted one with him.

The last few weeks Olivia had thrown herself into her relationship with the lawyer but her one night of passion with Lionel had risen so many questions for Olivia that she didn’t know the answer to.

Olivia looked at her brother, however her eyes meet with Lionel’s; she quickly looked away ignoring the bubbling feeling that form in her stomach; he plagued her mind most days now and she didn’t like it since she needed to move on

“You okay?” Gavin asked concerned but Olivia nodded and quickly pressed a kiss to his lips; he smiled at her, she had been acting weird since New Year and he still didn’t know why.

Gavin wondered what had happened to make her so distant and attentive to him, he knew that he had been busy lately but he would make it up to her later.

Lionel sighed as he watched Olivia with her boyfriend, he knew that it was wrong but he was jealous of the attention that she was giving Gavin; the brunette deserved better than her lawyer boyfriend.

The footballer had been doing a lot of research secretly about Olivia and the more he found himself wanting to get to know her; she would have been perfect for him if he wasn’t dating Sage.

Lionel didn’t blamed Olivia for avoiding him, he had messed up his life with his mistake and now she had to deal with the guilt; the footballer however needed to speak to her.

It had only occurred to him a few days earlier that they hadn’t used any protection when they’d slept together and Lionel wanted to make sure that Olivia was okay.

Lionel watched her talk with her boyfriend, the footballer didn’t like the lawyer; Gavin seemed arrogant and not right for Olivia in anyway and it made him wonder what the brunette saw in him.

“Is everything okay? You seem distracted,” Sage asked concerned as she pursed her lips slightly as she waited for an answer; she knew that something had happened between her sister and boyfriend, but she would wait to find out what.

Sage had pretended not to notice that her boyfriend of a year seemed oddly interested in Olivia, it made her wonder if he had some sort of crush on her or something.

“Just thinking about training… Pep’s worried about the next match,” Lionel lied since he knew that if he were to tell her that he was thinking about Olivia and how unsuitable Gavin was for her that Sage wouldn’t like it.

His girlfriend stared at him and nodded as her mobile rang, she forced a smile as she checked who it was before pressing a kiss to his lips.

Whoever it was, was important and Lionel dismissed it as a call from her agent who had been calling a lot recently; he knew her career was struggling and it had allowed him to sort of focus on her sister.

“I have to take this,” Sage said before she stood and walked out of the room leaving Lionel behind, these calls where becoming more frequent as of late and the footballer couldn’t bring himself to care.

Olivia was all he thought about since they had meet that New Year’s night; he remembered what they had done… how she felt, and it made him want more of her. It wasn’t wanting what he couldn’t have anymore, Lionel wanted Olivia because she seemed to be the better option for him; she was what Sage should be.

The footballer wasn’t trying to sound mean but Sage was demanding, she spent his money without a second thought and now she was clinging on to him to save her failing career.

Looking at Olivia, he wished he had meet her first, that he had fallen for her before he had Sage; however now he was left with the memory of their one night together.

The mistake that when it was revealed would ruin his relationship with her sister and Olivia’s relationship with Gavin before it pulled the Pavon family apart.

Lionel shook his head as he sipped on his drink, his mind filled with so many thoughts as he wondered how much easier it would have been if he had never spent the night with Olivia.

The brunette was everything that he had ever wanted and now he couldn’t have her because she belonged to someone else and because he was dating her twin sister.

Lionel shook his head bemused as Phillip stood to do his speech, he caught the dark look that Nina shot at him knowing that he was going to have to deal with his mistake sooner or later and when he did everything would fall apart.