Chapter Fifteen: Getting Close

Lionel couldn’t keep the smile from his face as he finished getting changed after training, Olivia was now eighteen weeks pregnant and he couldn’t have been happier that she was spending time with him.

The two of them had growing close over the last two weeks together since he had kissed Olivia and Lionel could really see himself falling deeply for the woman who was carrying his first born.

His team-mates could all see the change in the Argentinian; they had never seen him this happy before, Gerard grinned as he spotted the recent scan stuck inside Lionel’s locker.

“Have you decided on any names yet?” Cesc asked as he looked over at his friend as he tied his shoelaces, the smaller footballer looked at him and nodded.

“We’ve been thinking… Phoebe as a middle name and Messi Pavon for surnames,” Lionel revealed making his two close friends smile at him; they knew that he was excited at becoming a father and that he was slowly winning Olivia’s heart.

Cesc watched his friend closely, he had heard from Ashley that Olivia wouldn’t stop talking about the Argentine; it gave him hope that she would fully leave Gavin and choose Lionel.

“No first name yet?” Gerard asked making Lionel shake his head, they couldn’t decide on what to name their daughter; they hoped that when they saw their daughter then they would be able to pick a name.

“We’ve decided to wait until she’s born… then we’ll decide,” Lionel revealed making his two friends nod understandingly, as the Argentine finished getting ready.

Lionel pulled on his jacket as he prepared to leave, he had plans to meet with Olivia and spend the afternoon with her since he was determined to win her heart.

***

Olivia smiled as her eyes focused on Lionel, the past two weeks had been amazing and she was happy that she had a chance to get to know him especially after the kiss that he had stolen from her.

Olivia had been frightened to bring it up in case Lionel regretted what he had done but after two weeks she was curious about why he had done it.

“How are you?” Lionel asked as he looked Olivia over, she smiled at him as she brushed some hair out of her eyes; she had seen him that morning and they had breakfast together before he had headed to training.

“The same as when I saw you several hours ago,” Olivia said smiling at Lionel who chuckled as he took her hand, the two walked quietly through the park enjoying each other company.

Lionel pulled her close so that he could wrap his arm around her waist, making Olivia raise an eyebrow at him but she didn’t pull away; she wondered curiously if he liked her.

Lionel smiled as he held her close, he liked being able to hold her close to him without worrying that she would push him away and it gave him hope for a future with her.

“And the baby?” Lionel asked as he looked at her, Olivia smiled at him as she cuddled into his side; the wind was slightly colder than expected today and she was glad that Lionel didn’t mind cuddling her.

“She’s happy that her padre is here,” Olivia said making Lionel smile at her as they slowed down their walk a little; he flexed his grip around her and rubbed her arms as he tried to warm her pleased that she had cuddled him to keep warm.

“Do you want to head home?” Lionel asked Olivia concerned, it was early May and it was unseasonably chill out for the time of year; the brunette nodded as he held her close.

Lionel smiled softly as he led her back towards their cars, he was a little upset that they couldn’t continue their day together but he didn’t want Olivia getting sick while she was pregnant with their baby.

“Would you like to come back to mine?” Olivia asked him, making Lionel look at her and nod; he loved the idea of spending more time with the brunette that had slowly stolen his heart.

“I would love to Olivia,” Lionel said making her smile at him as they reached their cars; she grinned softly pulling them to a stop making him look at her concerned.

Olivia smiled before she gently pulled Lionel into a kiss; he froze as he felt her lips against his for the first time in two weeks, however before he could kiss her back she pulled away and walked towards her Audi Q9 with a smile on her lips.

Lionel stared at her as Olivia smiled back to him, she knew he hadn’t been expecting her to do anything like that; she chewed on her lip as she watched him for a moment.

“Are you coming?” Olivia asked making him nod as he tried to recover from her kiss, she had a feeling that what she had done had changed things between them for the better.

It wasn’t long before the two were stepping into Olivia’s home, the Argentinian pulled Olivia to a stop and kissed her; the brunette wrapped her arms around Lionel’s neck as he backed her into the hallway wall.

Olivia ran her hands through his hair and smiled softly as he pulled away, Lionel kissed her again softly before he felt a soft kick to his stomach; they stood breathless for a moment.

They stood quietly before Olivia rested her head against Lionel’s as she kissed him again, he cupped her face; he had been waiting for this moment since he had split from Sage.

***

Olivia and Lionel cuddled on her couch as he held her close to him, the brunette smiled content about how things had progressed between her and Lionel; it was clear that she had made the right choice in stepping away from Gavin.

“Have dinner with me tomorrow,” Lionel murmured making the brunette look at him, he pressed a kiss to her lips; she nodded softly into the kiss as it slowly deepened between them.

Olivia pulled back from Lionel and raised an eyebrow at him, she had a feeling that she knew what he was asking her and it made her smile.

“Just dinner?” Olivia asked making the Argentinian chuckle as they pulled apart; Lionel kissed her gently as she rested a hand on his cheek, they hadn’t been able to stop since they had arrived at her home.

“A date,” Lionel confirmed as he brushed her lips with his own, Olivia nodded as she pressed hers to his; the Argentine pulled back as he teased her slightly.

Olivia tilted her head as she looked at him confused as Lionel chuckled amused at her, he kissed her softly before they pulled apart.

“I would love to,” Olivia said making him smile as she cuddled closer to her side; it had been a while since she had been treated like this by anyone and she wasn’t ready to let Lionel step through her fingers.

Gavin had stopped when she had moved to Milan and stated that it was because that they were getting older that he didn’t need to do special things or be romantic anymore.

Lionel held her close as he focused back on the television; he smiled at the idea of being able to have Olivia as his girlfriend when their daughter was born.

Olivia closed her eyes as she listened to Lionel’s heartbeat, she could see herself getting used to spending time with the footballer; she could see them being a family.

Something that had seemed so distant after her engagement to Gavin had seemed to disappear, with Lionel she could see herself finally being happy no matter what happened.