Chapter Twenty-One: Keeping Secrets

Ashley stared at her best friend as Olivia collected her from the airport along with her mother, grandmother, brother and sister-in-law; the five of them wondered what was going on.

“Olivia?” Andrew asked his younger sister who smiled at him and shook her head, she couldn’t tell them here; it wasn’t safe to tell them yet.

Melissa raised an eyebrow at her sister-in-law, she had a funny feeling that she knew what was happening and she had to say that she was impressed with Olivia.

“So we’re staying at Lionel’s,” Olivia said as she led them out to the car, her fiancé was back at home waiting for them while he tried to finalize some last minute details.

Nina nodded as she looked at Ashley who shrugged now knowing what had brought this on; only that she had been told that she needed to fly out separate from Cesc and Gerard as soon as possible.

Quickly heading to the car, Olivia glanced at her family who were clearly confused about what was going on; she smiled at them as she glanced around.

“I’ll tell you soon,” Olivia promised making them look at her concerned, Andrew gently pulled his little sister to a stop; he waited until he was sure that no one could hear them before he spoke.

“Olivia, what’s going on?” he demanded making the brunette smile at him, she glanced around and grinned; she could never keep a secret from Andrew but she knew that it would have to wait until they were away from the press.

“I promise… I’ll explain when we are back at the house,” Olivia said making Andrew frown as she slipped passed him and moved to open the car; her brother sighed as he looked at Nina, shrugging he watched a concerned look form on his mother’s face.

Whatever was going on, it had to be important if all this secrecy was involved.

***

Nina looked between her youngest daughter and her fiancé as they sat in the couple’s living room; she wondered why the couple had been so secretive.

“Okay what’s going on?” Cesc asked from where he stood with his arms around Ashley, who was watching her friend closely.

“You all know that Olivia and I are engaged… we have decided due to our desire for a private wedding rather than a media circus, our best solution is to get married this weekend before news breaks of our engagement,” Lionel explained making the people gathered stare at them shocked; they hadn’t expected that, that was the reason that they had been summoned.

Olivia felt Lionel squeeze her hand as her mother took a deep breath from where she was sat.

“And you are both okay with this?” Nina asked concerned that Olivia was rushing into this, her daughter nodded as she smiled at Lionel then looked back at her mother.

“We aren’t the most conventional couple… we’re already having a baby, I love Leo and I want to spend the rest of my life with him,” Olivia said making Phoebe smile at her granddaughter’s words; it was perfectly clear to her that Olivia loved the footballer as much as he loved her.

“Aww it’s that sweet… so when is the wedding?” Phoebe asked excitedly while the people around her took in the news, it was a large shock for anyone and no one was sure what to think about the sudden marriage that was about to take place.

“Saturday… I just got the confirmation from the minister,” Lionel said making Olivia smile, this was one step closer to the wedding for them and she couldn’t wait to be his wife.

Nina blinked as she realised that Phillip would miss their youngest daughter’s wedding, she knew that nothing she could say would make Olivia forgive her father now.

“I love weddings,” Phoebe said making Nina look at her mother-in-law concerned, she acted loopy when she hadn’t had enough sleep which was clearly what was happening now.

Olivia smiled at her grandmother before Lionel’s phone rang and he stepped out of the room to answer it, the brunette shifted nervously knowing now would be the time that they would try to talk her out of this.

“So I’m your maid of honour,” Ashley guessed with a grin making Olivia nod, the dark haired woman squealed in excitement before Cesc rolled his eyes; Gerard pouted as he wondered who would be Lionel’s best man.

Olivia carefully slipped out of the living room while everyone discussed the wedding, stepping into the kitchen she watched Lionel who was clearly upset about something as he disconnected the call.

“Leo?” Olivia asked softly as she moved towards him concerned, Lionel sniffled as he wiped away his tears and smiled at her softly, however he knew that he didn’t fool Olivia. Lionel sighed as he pulled his fiancée to his chest.

“That was my agent, I meet a little girl while I was in Seville, she was terminally ill. She died this morning,” Lionel whispered making Olivia hold him tighter, she didn’t want to know the pain that the poor little girl’s parents were suffering.

Lionel closed his eyes as he held Olivia before felt something against his stomach that puzzled him, he grinned as he realised that it was their daughter.

“She has my kick,” Lionel mused for a moment making Olivia smile sadly as she wiped away his tears; she kissed his lips softly as he rested a hand on her stomach.

“What was her name?” Olivia asked curiously as their daughter kicked again, Lionel smiled as he watched his fiancée’s stomach for a moment at the thought of the life that was growing in there.

“Leona,” Lionel said making Olivia nod as she closed her eyes and leant against him before she thought the name over for a moment and smiled a little.

“Leona Phoebe Messi,” Olivia said making Lionel pull back slightly and look at her confused, before he realised what she was talking about.

“Leona?” Lionel asked making Olivia nod, it seemed a fitting tribute to the strong little girl that had been through so much to name their daughter after her. “Leona Phoebe Messi Pavon,” Lionel repeated again liking the sound of it, his fiancée nod as the little girl that she was carrying gave a strong kick.

The couple smiled at one another as they took it as a good sign that this was what they should name their daughter; they had been looking for the right name for a while and they finally had one.

“Leona it is,” Lionel agreed liking the sound of it, it rolled off his tongue perfectly. Olivia pecked his lips softly before Gerard and Cesc entered the room bickering between themselves; Lionel rolled his eyes at his two best friends as Olivia slipped out of the room leaving them to it.

“Okay Messi… which one of us is your best man?” Gerard demanded while Cesc looked at Lionel innocently hoping that the Argentinian would pick him. Lionel bit his lip amused before shaking his head.

“I’m letting you two decided between you… whoever is my best man gets the other as his and I’ll be his,” Lionel said making Gerard and Cesc stare at him before the smaller footballer walked out of the room leaving them alone.

It wasn’t long before the two men were bickering again about who would be whose best man and who would be Lionel’s; Lionel wrapped his arm around Olivia as her mother discussed all that they needed for their wedding which was just days away.