Chapter 24

TWICE was having a lot of success with their recent comeback. They were, of course, in the dorm less often, and it also gave me plenty more editing work.

Merry & Happy. The theme was about Christmas, about happiness and the joy of giving, which greatly fit the image of TWICE.

"Do you want some kimchi rice?" Jihyo tapped me on my shoulder, smiling.

If there's one thing these people could cook, it would have to be kimchi rice.

"Yes, please."

We were sitting at the dinner table of the dorm, our first time to do so in weeks, as they would always eat at restaurants or in between breaks.

Jihyo and Mina were currently working hard in the kitchen, their hair tied in a snug bun.

I was glad they were home. I was beginning to get lonely.

"What are you smiling about?" Nayeon looked at me, her glistening white bunny teeth exposed. "Miss us already?"

"Yeah," I laughed. "It gets lonely here, working all alone."

"Aww," she pouted. "Don't worry, baby. Mommy Nayeon is here for you!"

Turning over to the right side of the table, I could see Tzuyu and Sana talking over some kind of book.

"What's that you're reading?" I asked, my eyes pointing towards the book, it's cover I couldn't see since the two girls' hair was draped all over it.

"Oh," Sana squeaked, typically. "I'm teaching Tzuyu how to play guitar."

I looked at them, examining their surroundings to see if they were holding the thing that they were supposed to be holding.

"Don't you need a guitar to learn how to play guitar?" My brows quivered.

"Yeah, Sana!" Tzuyu appeared to be mocking her, a taunting yet playful expression on her face.

"Well, y-you see," Sana stuttered, twiddling her index fingers together. "I kinda dropped the guitar down the stairwell, and it got pretty wrecked, so..."

"So!" Tzuyu exclaimed, karate chopping Sana on her forehead simultaneously . "So you should learn to be more responsible!"

"Hey!" I grabbed her wrist. "Take it easy on her, Tzuyu! It's gonna be her birthday in a few days."

"Yeah!" Sana pouted and giggled.

"You're so lovey-dovey, you two," Tzuyu teased.

"No-" I tried to say, before Sana cut me off with a big tight hug that almost flushed all the air out of my lungs.

"Yes~" she purred. "Y/N is my little bro, so I need to show him my sisterly love!"

"Yeah, right," Tzuyu snorted.

"Don't act like you're innocent, Tzuyu," Sana grinned evilly. "We all know that you've been sneaking into Y/N's room, giving him goodnight smooches and whatnot!"

"That's-" Tzuyu's eyes darted from mine to Sana's. "That's not true! He gives me language tutorials, is all."

I simply sat there, drinking my milk tea, enjoying the entertaining battle in front of me, like a kid watching his parents fight.

Which was me not so long ago.

"Hey," I felt someone tugging my cheek. "Food is here, eat up!"

Jihyo was sat to my left, placing the serving spoon into the huge bowl containing the kimchi rice that she had made.