part 5

After the long walk to the pool I quickly removed my kimono and slid into the pool. It was a sunny Sunday afternoon and the sun has been shining directly on the pool for a while so it's quite warm.

       My plan was to stay in and not come out untill we're done.
And then of course Kylie had to ruin that plan.

"Ki let's have a swimming race". She said yelling from the other side of the pool which was deep.

"No! And get over here. I said which almost sounded like a whisper."

"Why not?"

"Why? we.."

I didn't finish my sentence because something caught my attention. Millie had removed her floaters and was nowhere to be found.

"Millie!!" I shouted and started shivering. I dipped my head into the water and then I saw her still struggling to come up. I would have noticed it earlier if not for the god damn pool mixer that creates bubbles on almost every side.

I swam as fast as I could to reach her wrapped my arms around her and brought her to the surface.
She then started coughing up water. I came out, sat down and laid her flat on the floor to push out more of the water from her stomach.

I turned, I saw Chris and Kylie running towards us. I was so scared I was crying and shivering already.
Chris took a hold of her.
I knew he was as scared as I was.

"Are you alright?" He asked brushing her edges from her face.
She nodded.
"Thank goodness"and he sighed.

He then turned to me and Kylie with no expression on his face wrapped Millie with a towel and then carried her inside. I didn't know if he was mad or not. I was still shivering and I knew that was not a good sign.

I and Kylie stood up to dry ourselves and walked inside. We couldn't keep on swimming after what just happened. As we walked I didn't care about my surroundings all I could think of is what would have happened if I didn't get to save her quickly.

       We got into my room and I locked the door. Kylie started undressing and then she turned to me she was about to say something but just stared.

"Is there something on my face?"

"Kimberly..you're bleeding" Kylie's eyes widened as she knew why.

I touched under my nose with my index finger and saw blood on it.
I was so scared I started shivering more and more Kylie tried to calm me down but to no avail. Then my eyelids became heavy everywhere was becoming dark. The last thing I heard was her shouting Chris's name but it sounded so far.....