Chapter 2- Stained Glass Surprise

The next day we were walking to class and every single girl was calling to Jay.
"Hi, Jay," One said.
"Hey," Jay replied but kept walking.
"Jay," another called.
"Hey, what's up?" he asked and kept walking.
"Hi," another called.
"Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already," Carlos complained.
    "I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them," Jay replied.
    "Ah! You're the expert. Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?" Carlos asked.
    "Listen, all you gotta do... is look like me," Jay answered.
    "Oh, ha-ha," Carlos and I said.
    "Mal," Jane called as she walked up to her.
"Hey, Jane," Mal said.
    "Hey. I was wondering...uh... if you liked the.... carrot cake last night," Carlos said to Jane.
    "I had the pumpkin pie," Jane replied.
    "Oh, cool. Um, uh--" Carlos stuttered.
    "Smooth," Jay said, leading Carlos away.
    "I have an opening for a fitting at 3:00. Who wants it?" Evie asked.
    "Me! Sorry," Lonnie said.
    "Perfect," Evie told Lonnie then turned to Mal, "I'll take you later."
    "Okay, well..." Mal said.
    "Mal?" Jane asked.
    "Yes?" Mal asked.
    "I hate to keep bugging you, but the decorating committee needs more answers. So, as much as I hate to, um... you know, um..." Jane said.
    "Bug me?" Mal supplied
    "Right," Jane said.
    "Yeah, Jane, I would love to. I just have to get to class," Mal told her.
    "You know, just nod if you like it," Jane said.
    "Okay," Mal replied.
    Jane started swiping on her tablet. "Chair swags. Entry banner. Twinkle lights. Napkin design. Table bunting. And you still haven't picked the party favors yet," Jane said.
    "Honestly, Jane, whatever you think--" Mal started.
    Jane interrupted, "I mean, we can do chains, key charms, pen toppers. I kind of love the pen toppers, but, I mean, we can do all three."
Mal's eyes turned green for a second. What just happened? "I say pen toppers," she said.
    "Yeah?" Jane answered.
    "Yeah," Mal agreed.
    "You won't regret it," Jane said.
    "Okay," Mal replied.
    "I can hardly wait to see what your wedding will look like!" Lonnie exclaimed.
    "Me, too. Wait! What?!" Mal exclaimed.
    "The Royal Cotillion is like getting engaged to be engaged to be engaged," Lonnie explained.
    "I knew it!" Evie exclaimed.
    "Well, everyone knows it," Lonnie said.
    "I didn't know it! How come nobody told me that? Is my entire life just planned out in front of me--" Mal said, freaking out. I didn't blame her. Was that gonna happen to me and Ryan?I mean, I didn't mind, I loved him and he loved me and we're soulmates.
    "Hi, Mal," Ben greeted.
    "Hi, Ben," Evie, Lonnie, and Jane said then left them alone. I was a few feet away so they didn't mind me.
    "Hi, Ben," Mal said.
    "Oh, oh. Quick moment," Jane said, dragging Ben away for a second. I spied.
    "Uh... " Ben said.
"All right, they're almost finished with the surprise for Mal's big night. Snow White, Belle. But the one you designed for Mal is my favorite," Jane told him. Oooo, a surprise for Mal.
    "Make sure her eyes are green," Ben said then turned to Mal. "Uh... see you later."
    "Okay," Mal said.
    "Which green should they use?" Jane asked, pulling out stain glass samples. A stain glass window for Mal! Aww! And all Ryan was gonna get me was a stupid corsage I bet.
    "Uh... This one," Ben said, picking the most vibrant green she had.