Chapter 5: It All Goes Downhill From Here

"You should get some sleep," he says, making his chest vibrate against my cheek.

I looked up and noticed there was only one bed. I looked back up at him.

"I'll sleep on the couch." he said, pushing some hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear. "I'll get you something to sleep in."

I sat up and let him walk to the wooden dresser. He pulled out a drawer and rummaged through it before he found a big t-shirt and some sweats. He closed the drawer and handed them to me. "The sweats are gonna be a little big, but anyways, the bathroom is over there," he pointed to a door across the room.

"Thank you," I got off the couch and went into the bathroom. I flicked on the light, sat on the toilet, and unlaced my shoes. I kicked off my boots then pulled off the rest of my clothes until I was just in my little sweats material short shorts I used as an excuse for underwear. I shivered and grabbed the t-shirt. It was a black batman t-shirt. I couldn't believe he was letting me wear this. Tobias loved batman. I pulled on the shirt anyways. It was so big, it was practically a dress on me. I pulled on the sweats but the just fell to the floor, so I gave up on even trying to wear them. I folded my clothes and the sweats.

I flicked off the light and stepped out. "The sweats were too big," I blushed, looking down at my white splotchy legs.

"That's okay." he said, taking them from me and throwing them back into the dresser drawer. "I'll get that for you," he takes my clothes and put them on a chair by the door. "I'm just gonna take a blanket and a pillow from the bed, the rest is yours."

Tobias settles on the couch and I crawl into the bed. I lay on the very edge closest to him and watch him fall asleep. Normally I would be nervous or be scared to be sleeping in a motel room with a fully grown man, but... this was different.

I just lay there and watch him for about an hour until I started thinking about why I was here again and I started bawling like a baby. I don't even know why I'm so upset over him, I mean, he was a total slimeball. I rolled onto my back and let my tears flow out of the corners of my eyes onto the pillow.

I can't take it anymore. I need something to distract me. I get up and tiptoe over to Tobias' sleeping form and tap his shoulder. He rolls over and squints up at me towering over him. "I'm so so so sorry, I just... I can't sleep."

"And you might want to consider not standing over me like that, if I were a pervert I might be taking a peek at your underwear." he sits up and I laugh, sitting next to him.

I lean my head on his shoulder. "Normally I would have slapped any guy, except Declan of course, who would do that. But... you... Tobias...? Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why do you do this to me? Why do I feel so comfortable around you and trust you when I barely know you?"

"I can't answer your questions for they remain my unanswered wonderings as well," he sighed, leaning his head against mine.

"I think we have the answer and we just don't want to accept it."

"Why are you so smart?"

"I'm really not."

He pulls me into his lap and wraps his arms around my waist. "Yes, you really are."

I put my hands on his bare chest, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach and my fingers to tingle. "I think I'm in love with you," I whisper, searching in the dark for his beautiful blue eyes.

"I think I'm in love with you too," he whispers back, pulling me closer to him.

I lean forward and he kisses me, our lips molding perfectly together. I forget everything and all that matters is Tobias and his lips on mine. I feel my mouth open and it's a full on french kiss. Our hands are tangled in each others hair and then he's carrying me and I'm on the bed.