Chapter 8: Tobias POV

I’d barely met this girl and suddenly we were in love and having a child. What the hell is happening? It’s so crazy and confusing yet intriguing, and… I love her, I really do, even though I barely know her. I thought I loved Jessie, but this is different. Rikki makes me feel so amazing, like I’m about to burst where Jessie just made me a satisfactory happy. I wasn’t ecstatic every time I even caught a glance of Jessie.

I also can’t be a jerk and get some girl pregnant and then leave her to take care of the child. If I ever did that I would hate myself forever.

Rikki has dealt with so much crap, she doesn’t need some man coming into her life and messing it up further just to leave her more of a wreck than she already was.

When I pulled up to the motel I sat in my car for a moment and closed my eyes, leaning back into the seat. I pictured her in my mind, her beautiful blood red hair and those ocean-deep green eyes that could as easily lure you in as bombard you with jagged daggers of ice. Her porcelain skin laced with pale blue veins pulsing just beneath, and those long, elegant fingers that she had trailed along my body the night before. Her soft cupid’s bow lips she had pressed against mine ever so gently.

I wanted her back in my arms more than anything else in that moment.

I opened my eyes and got out of the car. I took the stairs two at a time and quickly entered the room.

"Is this what I think it is?" he asked, holding up a bra.