Chapter 9

Author's POV

One thing Daehyun never did in the past 5 years was defy or betray Park Chanyeol.

He was his boss and as promised as long as he did his job well he was well protected and taken care of.

He had too much money and power he didn't even need.

The Parks definitely took care of their own.

But there was one thing he could never get over.

His hatred for Park Baekhyun.

He knew his father had offended a lot of people and Park would have eventually taken him out but the fact that he knew Baekhyun was the one who ordered the hit, he couldn't get over.

He had been harboring so much hatred for the man and as soon as he left the boss and disappeared he swore the next time he saw Baekhyun he would get his revenge.

When he found out Baekhyun was back in town he put his plan into action.

He knew it was crazy and was risking offending Park himself but he was too angry to think rationally.

Baekhyun was going to pay for what he did.

When he finally met Taehyung he realised he had made a big mistake but he was already too far gone to pull back.

He thought Baekhyhn ran away and had a child from somewhere else but looking at the boy there was no denying he was Park Chanyeol's son with his large ears and dark eyes.

He wasn't shocked when he was all of a sudden under attack and soon he was face to face with Park Chanyeol himself.

"I can see he came to you" Daehyun said with a humourless laugh.

"I'm as shocked as you are. I expected him to come on his own because of his ego" Chanyeol said and Daehyun shook his head.

They was no use fighting Park. He was already dead for taking his son.

"Daehyun you are my golden boy. My pride and joy. Why would you do something so stupid?" Chanyeol asked but Daehyun was silent for a while.

"I'm the one who put the bullet in his head not Baekhyun"

"But he put you up to it and then after all you did for him he just up and left you. Doesn't he know how many people were dying to be in his position. To have that power by day and...be in your bed by night" Daehyun said looking straight into his eyes.

"Are you one of those people?" Chanyeol asked with a raised eyebrow.

Daehyun couldn't deny how he found the man before him irresistible.

From the day he had met him in the office, the day he killed his father he couldn't deny that Park Chanyeol woke something in him that he had never felt before.

But he could never have the man because of Baekhyun.

Even after he left Chanyeol would always avoid his advances and still held on to a man who had left him.

"Don't pretend as if you don't know how I feel about you. He left you Chanyeol. How can you just forgive him like that. He only came to you for help. Not that he had a choice" Daehyun lashed out.

Even after 5 years Chanyeol was still hung up on Baekhyun and he couldn't understand why.

"I guess I have you to thank for that and so I will make this fast" Chanyeol said as Daehyun closed his eyes before he got shot in the same place as his father.

"What a waste" Chanyeol said as he walked out to get his son.

................

Kris had checked on Baekhyun a few times but the male refused to acknowledge his presence.

He was still handcuffed to the bar and had settled on the couch next to it.

He could easily get out of handcuffs but these were the ones Chanyeol for specially made to keep Baekhyun in place.

He couldn't believe he still had them.

They had only used them in intimate moments and Baekhyun shook his head trying to get rid of the memories.

It was not the place or time.

"Mommy"

Baekhyun raised his head up to come face to face with his little boy. 

"My baby" Taehyung jumped onto his father's lap as they hugged.

He felt his hand go free and looked up to see Chanyeol standing beside the pair.

"Mommy I was so scared" Taehyung cried as he wrapped both arms around his son.

"It's okay now my baby. You're safe now. No one will ever hurt you again" Baekhyun fought his tears as he held his baby close.

He shared a look with Chanyeol and he saw a softness he had only seen once before since they met.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Daehyun let his jealousy and hatred cloud his mind

Daehyun let his jealousy and hatred cloud his mind. His demise was apparent because no one goes against the Park Chanyeol and lives to tell the tale.

Unexpected time for an update? I couldn't sleep so I decided to drop a chapter for you all :)

- chubbyeol_jones' beta/editor

© chubbyeol_jones