Prologue

Loki's POV

I sit in a chair by the delivery room on Asgard. My wife is having her first baby, and I need to be in there. I can hear Elora screaming from the pain. I pause, then open the door. I grab Elora's hand and sit down. It's freezing. I should have known, as our child is half frost giant. Even if she is in Asgard, she is a human, so she should be dead. I try a few spells to warm her up, but I can't warn her up too much, or both her and the baby will die. Elora looks toward me after a moment and smiles. The baby is here now. "Take good care of her. My little Raven" Elora says. I nod, and the nurse gives me my child, my Raven, as Elora's eyes slowly close. Her chest stops moving, and I am suddenly filled with grief. My proudness is overtaken, and so is my worry. As I sit there, I realize I cannot take care of the newborn in my arms. I carefully find a basket to put my precious one into, and fly to earth. I knock on the door of Tony Stark's office, and request to see him immediately. He comes downstairs to the waiting room, and I wave him over. "Tony, I want you to meet my daughter, Raven." I begin. He gasps and picks her up. "Elora just passed away, and I can't take care of her. I need you to raise her for me. Please." Tony looks at me, then nods. "I will." He says. "But if you come back, then she will resent you forever." I nod and walk off, flying back to Asgard. As I do, I feel tears sting my eyes. I cannot let her go, but I have to.