1

Raven's POV

The alarm wakes me up at 5:00 in the morning. Time to start training. Today is my first day as an Avenger initiate. I walk into the kitchen and grab a poptart out of the cabinet. After putting it in the toaster, I walk towards the island and grab a drink from the fridge. When I turn around, Clint is there, and attempting to steal my poptarts. "Clinton Barton, get away from my poptarts!" I yell at him. He turns around, then runs. I run as fast as I can, then tackle him on the couch. He carefully puts the poptarts on the coffee table next to us and raises his hands in defeat. "Your poptarts are on the table, where you left them," He says with a small smile. I smack him on the head. In the middle of doing this, Tony walks in and laughs at us. "Finding love already, are you Raven?" I sit up, walk over to him after grabbing my poptarts, and simply tell him "You mess with my food, you get hurt." I take a bite of my poptart and walk back to the kitchen, where I grab my milk and finish breakfast. Then I head to my room and get dressed. I pick out a dark green shirt with jean shorts. 

I walk down the hall to the training room, and there I find Captain America. I walk up to him and hold out my hand. "Raven. Pleased to meet you" He smiles, and shakes my hand. "I'm Captain America, but you knew that. Everyone just calls me Steve, or Capsicle" I laugh, and wonder why I was kept away from the other Avengers aside from Tony and Clint until today. "Well, Capsicle, what are you going to be teaching me today?" He pretends to be offended. I can already tell we'll be good friends. He clears his throat and says "Well, you know how to defend yourself, right?" I nod, and he walks towards a punching bag, motioning for me to follow him. "I want you to work on your skill and technique of punching. Don't forget to kick as well." I nod as he backs up, and I begin. I throw various kicks and punches with the bag, each time the bag swaying a little more. After about 10 minutes, I have the punching bag swinging almost up to the ceiling. Steve walks up and puts a hand on my shoulder. "No normal girl should be able to do that. Not even if she is super strong. We need to talk to Tony." He leads me down the hall and into the living room, where Tony and a red-haired girl are sitting on the couch, watching Once Upon A Time. I walk up behind him. "Oh, you're watching the Hansel and Gretel episode?! I love that one!!"I say. Tony jumps, and the girl pauses it. "Who's this, your new girlfriend?" I ask him, pointing my thumb at her. "No," Tony says. "This is Natasha or Nat. You might know her as Black Widow." I cover my mouth with my hand, and then hold it out to her, smiling. "Sorry 'bout that. I'm Raven, the new recruit. Nice to meet you." She laughs, then shakes my hand back. "It's okay, I can tell it'll be fun with you around here now, and not just because I'm not the only girl here." I take my hand away and turn slowly on my heel to face Tony. "Capsicle here needs to have a chat with you. Alone." He looks confused for a second, then asks, "Am I in trouble?" Not yet, I think, though I only follow him and Steve back to the training room. Steve turns to Tony. "She has amazing strength. She can't be human. Who exactly gave her to you, and why?" Steve says. Tony suddenly looks a bit nervous. "Well, the truth is..." He begins. I cross my arms. Who my parents are has been a question I've wanted to find the answer to my whole life. Now it might be answered. "Your mother died during childbirth." He says, turning to me. "An hour later, according to your father... Loki came down and gave his only child away. He said he couldn't take care of you without Elora." I decide at that moment I am not mentally prepared for this. "You mean... the monster that killed countless people for no reason?!" Tony slowly nods. "We need to tell Thor- I mean my uncle, then," I say, after taking a few breaths. Then I walk down the hall and take a right to the elevator, where I descend to the 5th floor. Heading to my room, I feel tears well up in my eyes. I don't know why, but I want my father now.