2// Dream

it was already 3 in the morning and I still couldn't fall asleep. the same thought ran through my head in an endless motion. the same picture always popped up in my head like it was the only thing I knew in life.

Suzana.

that picture of her glorious face was stuck in my head. that smile of hers never left my mind. the only vision that I was able to face was her face. only her, and nothing else.

I've already been in bed for three hours. of course, sometimes I would get up to go to the restroom, or to scroll through my phone to pass some time. but I still wasn't able to fall asleep after all of this, and I guess the reason is pretty obvious already.

once again, Suzana.

since the moment I talked to her today, I wasn't able to get her off my head. everything about her was playing over and over. my brain couldn't process anything that it was so hard for me to finish my assignment. I was finally done with everything at twelve in the morning which is quite rare considering that I sleep at maximum ten and usually get done with everything at maximum nine. yes, I'm a morning person, or at least I'm trying to be.

this girl somehow managed to make me change my routine with a simple ten minutes talk. how did she have that effect in me? is this really love? I didn't know it was going to affect my health in that way.

now it's three and a half in the morning. just great. I'm supposed to be awake at five. how will I even do that?

I changed positions to have more comfort and probably find it easier to sleep. as I closed my eyes, they felt heavy. guess it was finally time to doze off, huh?

///

"so, do you like the drink?" a handsome young man between the age of twenty to thirty was resting his palms underneath his chin while gazing at the person right before him.

"it's amazing, thank you." a woman answered him back while putting down her drink. she gave him a smile in return, showing off her perfectly white teeth.

moment of silence has passed and no one said a word. the partners exchanged looks every once in a while and that would make them end up blushing and looking down. finally, the fine man decided to break the silence.

"Maria," his heart began beating faster. his palms were no longer under his chin. he fixed his position and straightened his back.

"I..." his vision got darker. suddenly, he was finding it hard to breathe. he immediately changed his mind because he knew that if he said that nothing was going to go well.

"I-... we... can't be together."

Maria, the woman he was going out with, was taken aback by his words. she let go of the juice that she was about to drink and looked straight into his eyes. a shock wave was sent throughout his whole body as his stare became fixed with hers. he gulped down the swallow that felt like it was about to choke him. his heart began pumping faster, and his mind was breaking down as the same thought kept on running through it.

Maria finally broke the stare and looked back at her drink. she picked it up and took a sip, then her hand went for the handkerchief. she wiped her lips while trying not to ruin her red lipstick or clean it away. once she was done, she looked back at him and smiled.

"why, Joseph?" her smile was delicate and simple. it sent warmth the more he looked at it. he wanted to smile back, he really did, but the situation he was in was in no way a smiling matter.