Chapter Five: Anger Management

"You're saying there's more like me..." I said slowly, still taking this theory in.

"That's exactly right," he said, looking at Steve, "and our next mission is to find her."

After that, everything kind of blurred out of my train of thought and capacity of hearing. All I could hear was Fury's voice ringing in my ear "And our next mission is to find her." Who was she? Why was she manifesting as a different beast? Are there even more? What's her name?

In overthinking this situation, I could feel my stone begin to over heat beneath its new protective covering. Ever since I had gotten this new suit, I feel like I have all this energy just gathering inside me every time I get any sort of nervous reaction with no way to escape. It makes me feel quite faint.

"Hannah? Hannah are you still with us?" I heard a voice call to me, ripping me out of my train of thought. I looked up to see Nick and Steve both staring at me with confused, and slightly alarmed expression son their faces. What did I miss?

"What happened?" I asked, looking around the room only to find no signs of danger. Then I realized that they were indeed staring at me afraid.

"Your- your eyes. They turned...orange. Has that ever happened to you before?" Steve asked me, examining my face with a protective look in his eyes.

"I have no idea. I can't exactly see my eyes, Steve," I pointed out, gesturing to where my eyeballs were. For some reason I was feeling very uneasy. It was probably just enhanced nerves though.

"But aren't those gloves supposed to keep your powers in check?" he questioned me further, triggering something in me.

"I don't know Steve! Who the Hell knows with the God forsaken abilities anymore," I spat, making him flinch a bit. Why would I say that? What's happening with me?

"Sorry..." I said after a minute of an awkward silence.

"It's- it's okay. Are you okay, Hannah?" he asked slowly, almost cautiously.

"I'm fine, really. It's probably just stress. I'm sorry, Director, you- you can continue on. I apologize," I rushed out, letting him cautiously move on. I cleared my throat, ready to listen.

"We think that all of a sudden these young people with the same characteristics and similar abilities coming out at the same time is no coincidence. I have a feeling in my gut that there are three more people like you out there. We're setting up a mission to get files from HYDRA that have information about what described to be called 'Project Element'. When I say elements, what comes to your mind?" he asked me, as I thought for a minute.

Then it came to me, shocking me even more.

"Fire, Earth, Air, and Water. The first four physical aspects on the Earth before man came. Those are the things that make up the earth as a whole," I said, him nodding in agreement. I continued on. "I possess the fire stone, and you think that the three other shapes I saw possess the powers of wind, Earth, and water. And when I hear the phrase 'rabid bear', I'm thinking this has something to do with the Earth stone. Am I right?" I asked, looking at the one eyes man who stood there looking very accomplished.

"Indeed you are," he said, then shifting his gaze to Steve. "What do you make of this Captain Rogers?" he asked a very flabbergasted Steve, who I'm assuming thought the craziness ended with a man who turns into a green monster whenever he gets pissed, a thunder god from another planet, and multiple alien invasions. I guess he was wrong.

"To be honest, I- I have no idea. I don't know how to help here. What do you need me to do, Director?" he asked, his inner army man coming out. I gave him a thankful smile for being so supporting of me. He has been since I first got there.