Chapter Fifteen: New Friends

1 WEEK LATER

Things around S.H.I.E.L.D. were especially slow. Ever since we lost the drive and all of information with it, no one knew where to start looking for anything.

It made me think about the possible outcome that HYDRA could attack innocent people at any time, yet we didn't know when or where. It was an odd feeling to have, when you know something was bound to happen, yet you couldn't do anything about it.

Which is why Fury suggested I start going to the gym more often to vent. With these new powers, I had quite the temper to handle. It wasn't easy, especially when I felt trapped in a situation that I helped start.

I mean, the most dangerous mission We've had all week was for gang violence. Some drug dealers had taken three people hostage inside an old warehouse after a customer hadn't paid the dealer all the cash he owed. They were his sister, wife, and a pregnant women. Made me sick to my stomach.

Fury sent me on the mission to help with my anger. He said that if I was going to hurt someone, better a bad guy than a good one. And trust me, it hurt.

Ever since I had accepted, I had grown more comfortable with my powers, and got to know them better. When I focused, I could really do some damage. So far, the only extreme things I had learned to do was the fire protective barrier, shooting flames through my limbs, and of course, shifting on command. It was like I finally found a working equation for a problem that I just couldn't figure out for a long time.

Steve, Natasha and Tony had all been making time to spend with me, getting me more used to S.H.I.E.L.D. and teaching me different things that could make missions easier, like Tony who had begun to teach my how to hack and code, Natasha who had been teaching me to fight without the flames, and Steve who had been helping me with improving my control, and teaching me how to relax too. He said I put too much pressure on myself for someone my age.

Eve and Jack had been fitting in nicely too this past week.

Jack spent most of his time with Sam, who's personality fit well with Jack's. I think Jack had opened up to Sam about his past more than he had done with Eve and I. I guess they both had experienced losses, and dealt with them the same, making him more relatable.

Eve had grown closest to Bruce, Vision, and a man I hadn't met yet, named Bucky.

Steve told me the story about him, and their friendship. But, I knew it had to have been something special for them to withstand everything they had been through with the law, HYDRA, and with one another. I wanted to meet him soon, because anyone who was a friend of Steve's was a friend of mine. Plus, just the thought of someone else being a part of HYDRA's awful experiments made me want to meet him even more. Steve said that he had been on a long mission in Russia, and would be back at S.H.I.E.L.D. for a while now to help out with the Element Stone problem.

Eve had told me that after I recommended she talk with Vision while I was with Wanda, they had gotten into a deep conversation about her powers, and that his wisdom throw her off guard, and that she trusted him from the moment they met. I was happy that someone had helped her like Steve had helped me in the beginning and Sam was helping Jack. I wished that whoever had the water stone could have help like we have.

"So did you practice what I told you?" Steve asked me as I ducked a punch he was throwing at me.

Today, I decides to box with him considering we both had free days. I liked getting fighting advice from Natasha and him, because they both had such different styled. I liked switching between the two.

Steve told me that I should get a journal and write down everything from the start of what happened to me, and that I should write it to write it, and that I shouldn't read it. He said that before he entered the war, he enjoyed to draw, especially when the concept on Captain America was taken as a joke.